HP Multimedia Keyboard. How to set with WMP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by grobda, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. grobda

    grobda Guest

    I'm fixing my gf's computer. She got some old HP Pavilion with some
    multimedia Keyboard. I was wondering how to assign special keys that
    are on her keyboard to be used with Windows Media Player and with
    Internet Explorer.
    there are:
    REW|PLAY|STOP|FF|EJECT VOLUME (knob) MUTE
    MESSAGES PHONE INTERNET SUSPEND
    SHORTCUT1 SHORTCUT2 SHORTCUT3 INFORMATION
    First line I'd designate to operate WMP,
    Second OE, And IE (don't know what to do with phone)
    and third I guess to launch some other programs?
    Any ideas what to do about it?
    Keyboard label on the back:
    Model NO.: SK-205
    OS: Windows ME
    Let me know if any other info might needed.
    TIA

    grobda, Aug 4, 2003

  2. grobda

    farmhand Guest

    www.netropa.com
    Download appropriate driver for selected KB.

    farmhand, Aug 4, 2003

  3. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:40:10 GMT, grobda wrote

    -snip-

    > Keyboard label on the back:
    > Model NO.: SK-205
    > OS: Windows ME
    > Let me know if any other info might needed.

    Check your e-mail (I hope the address is valid -- didn't see an obvious
    munging in there.)

    --
    Cheers, Harvey

    Harvey Van Sickle, Aug 4, 2003
  4. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:17:19 GMT, Harvey Van Sickle wrote

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:40:10 GMT, grobda wrote
    >
    > -snip-
    >
    >> Keyboard label on the back:
    >> Model NO.: SK-205
    >> OS: Windows ME
    >> Let me know if any other info might needed.

    > Check your e-mail (I hope the address is valid -- didn't see an
    > obvious munging in there.)

    Sorry; left my own "munge-key" out. (If you need to e-mail me on
    this, the "harvey" in the address gets changed to "whhvs".)

    --
    Cheers, Harvey

    Harvey Van Sickle, Aug 4, 2003
  5. grobda

    grobda Guest

    >Check your e-mail (I hope the address is valid -- didn't see an obvious
    >munging in there.)

    Thx for the response and the software. You were right about the
    keyboard model# it is SK-2505.
    I was able to assign WMP to the keyboard and other buttons, but it
    lost OSD (on screen display.) But I'm not complaining at least now
    it's functional :)
    Thx again

    [CASE CLOSED]

    grobda, Aug 4, 2003