HP M70 Monitor Cover - Blonde Moment

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rider, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Rider

    Rider Guest

    I'm having a blonde moment (or day).

    I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO

    What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?

    Help appreciated.

    Rider
     
    Rider, Oct 27, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Rider

    EMB Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >
    > I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    > the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
    >
    > What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?


    Sledgehammer? :)


    --
    EMB
     
    EMB, Oct 27, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    news:djp7jd$kad$...
    > Rider wrote:
    >> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >>
    >> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws
    >> for the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off?
    >> NNOOOOOOO
    >>
    >> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?

    >
    > Sledgehammer? :)
    >


    Very tempting seeing as it doesn't go (apparently). Client needs an
    insurance assessment.

    I think the insurance company requires more than "its broken"

    :)
     
    Rider, Oct 27, 2005
    #3
  4. In article <eMU7f.2804$>,
    says...
    > I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >
    > I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    > the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
    >
    > What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
    >
    > Help appreciated.
    >
    > Rider


    You probably need the $2753 HP monitor cover removal tool ;-)

    Seriously though, try running your fingertips over any stick-on labels.
    There are often additional screws hidden under there. Alternatively, see
    if any of the input sockets have additional screws/nuts that stop the
    cover from sliding off. (I've seen large flat nuts around rca and din
    plugs do this). Last idea, try depressing either edge around the joint,
    there might be little hidden plastic snapon hooks under there.

    -P.

    --
    =========================================
    firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com
     
    Peter Huebner, Oct 27, 2005
    #4
  5. "Rider" <> wrote:

    >I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >
    >I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    >the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
    >
    >What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?


    Internal clips. Slip a bone-handled dessert knife

    http://www.cucinadirect.com/imageLibrary/jpeg230/3309.jpg

    in along the crack between the back cover and the trest of the
    monitor, and see if you can unclip anything. It'll be obvious what you
    need to do when you get the cover off. :)
     
    Steve Marshall, Oct 27, 2005
    #5
  6. Rider

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:28:55 +1300, Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    >In article <eMU7f.2804$>,
    > says...
    >> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >>
    >> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    >> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
    >>
    >> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
    >>
    >> Help appreciated.
    >>
    >> Rider

    >
    >You probably need the $2753 HP monitor cover removal tool ;-)
    >
    >Seriously though, try running your fingertips over any stick-on labels.
    >There are often additional screws hidden under there. Alternatively, see
    >if any of the input sockets have additional screws/nuts that stop the
    >cover from sliding off. (I've seen large flat nuts around rca and din
    >plugs do this). Last idea, try depressing either edge around the joint,
    >there might be little hidden plastic snapon hooks under there.
    >
    >-P.




    The case is covered with plastic locks, you have to know were to push on the
    sides to around the front of the case.

    HP do not have spared for there monitors..
     
    XP, Oct 27, 2005
    #6
  7. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:28:55 +1300, Peter Huebner <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <eMU7f.2804$>,
    >> says...
    >>> I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >>>
    >>> I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws
    >>> for
    >>> the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off?
    >>> NNOOOOOOO
    >>>
    >>> What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
    >>>
    >>> Help appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Rider

    >>
    >>You probably need the $2753 HP monitor cover removal tool ;-)
    >>
    >>Seriously though, try running your fingertips over any stick-on labels.
    >>There are often additional screws hidden under there. Alternatively, see
    >>if any of the input sockets have additional screws/nuts that stop the
    >>cover from sliding off. (I've seen large flat nuts around rca and din
    >>plugs do this). Last idea, try depressing either edge around the joint,
    >>there might be little hidden plastic snapon hooks under there.
    >>
    >>-P.

    >
    >
    >
    > The case is covered with plastic locks, you have to know were to push on
    > the
    > sides to around the front of the case.
    >
    > HP do not have spared for there monitors..
    >
    >


    I'm not looking to fix it ... not when a new Philips 17" is only $249. Plus
    I wouldn't pay HP's exhorbatent prices for parts.

    I might just accidently knock of the bench ... see if that works it loose.

    :)
     
    Rider, Oct 27, 2005
    #7
  8. Rider

    EMB Guest

    Rider wrote:

    >
    > I'm not looking to fix it ... not when a new Philips 17" is only $249.



    The news gets better - more like $175 - check pricespy.


    --
    EMB
     
    EMB, Oct 27, 2005
    #8
  9. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    news:eMU7f.2804$...
    > I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >
    > I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    > the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
    >
    > What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
    >
    > Help appreciated.
    >
    > Rider
    >
    >


    The answer was "get another pair of arms to help" ... then I could push the
    right places and not push it of the bench while trying.

    :)
     
    Rider, Oct 29, 2005
    #9
  10. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > news:eMU7f.2804$...
    >
    >>I'm having a blonde moment (or day).
    >>
    >>I've got an HP M70 monitor to look at. I've taken out the three screws for
    >>the back cover, but do you think I can get the damned cover off? NNOOOOOOO
    >>
    >>What am I missing in regards to this monitors cover?
    >>
    >>Help appreciated.
    >>
    >>Rider
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    > The answer was "get another pair of arms to help" ... then I could push the
    > right places and not push it of the bench while trying.
    >
    > :)
    >


    well, if you've done that it solves your problem, doesn't it? ;)
     
    Jerry, Oct 29, 2005
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. zxcvar
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    818
    zxcvar
    Dec 28, 2003
  2. Ken W.

    moment by moment

    Ken W., Sep 24, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    443
    Ken W.
    Sep 24, 2003
  3. mjgmom

    Photographing microfilm for genealogy with pdr-m70

    mjgmom, Dec 1, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,105
    Jeremy
    Dec 7, 2005
  4. mjgmom

    Using Toshiba PDR-M70 under water

    mjgmom, Apr 5, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    395
    mjgmom
    Apr 5, 2006
  5. HiBob
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    891
    HiBob
    May 27, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page