    Hopefully we'll hear some news about New Zealand availability soon.

    Regards,
    Adam

    Adam Warner, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Adam Warner

    Mike_P Guest

    "Adam Warner" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > It appears IBM is entering the HP LaserJet consumables market with lower
    > priced, high yield replacement cartridges! The supported models are listed
    > as the LaserJet 4000, 4050, 5Si, 8000, 2100, 2200, 4, 4M, 4Plus, 5, 5M,
    > 4100, 8100, 1100, 3200, 5P, 6P, 5L and 6L.
    >
    > <http://theinquirer.net/?article=12107>
    >
    > Hopefully we'll hear some news about New Zealand availability soon.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Adam

    what about my 1220 :-(

    Mike_P, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Adam Warner

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Mike_P" wrote
    > what about my 1220 :-(

    Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models were
    *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp" so they knew it must be
    bad, I mean with spelling like that, he must be positively foaming at the
    mouth.

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  4. Adam Warner

    Mike_P Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "Mike_P" wrote
    > > what about my 1220 :-(

    > Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models were
    > *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp" so they knew it must be
    > bad, I mean with spelling like that, he must be positively foaming at the
    > mouth.

    surely he would have had to give them some *FACTS* before branding my
    beloved HP1220 with the infamous *CRAPMARK* (R).

    Mike_P, Oct 17, 2003
  5. Adam Warner

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Mike_P" wrote
    > > > what about my 1220 :-(

    > > Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models

    were
    > > *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp" so they knew it must

    be
    > > bad, I mean with spelling like that, he must be positively foaming at

    the
    > > mouth.

    > surely he would have had to give them some *FACTS* before branding my
    > beloved HP1220 with the infamous *CRAPMARK* (R).

    He did, three dubious benchmark sites that all said it was *CRAP* at 3DMark
    2003 and was beaten by a Lucent Winmodem in the nature tests at 640x480.

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  6. Adam Warner

    Mike_P Guest

    Mike_P, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Adam Warner

    Mike_P Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "Mike_P" wrote

    > > > Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models

    > were
    > > > *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp" so they knew it

    must
    > be
    > > > bad, I mean with spelling like that, he must be positively foaming at

    > the
    > > > mouth.

    > > surely he would have had to give them some *FACTS* before branding my
    > > beloved HP1220 with the infamous *CRAPMARK* (R).

    > He did, three dubious benchmark sites that all said it was *CRAP* at

    3DMark
    > 2003 and was beaten by a Lucent Winmodem in the nature tests at 640x480.

    yes but that was only while connected to a PS2 running *LUNIX*...

    Mike_P, Oct 17, 2003
  8. On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:07:35 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models were
    > *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp"

    Full of barely cooked fish?

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 17, 2003
  9. On 18 Oct 2003 , Uncle StoatWarbler wrote :

    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:07:35 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models
    >> were *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp"

    > Full of barely cooked fish?

    Man, you haven't LIVED until you have had one of Roger's half-warmed fish!

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - Be careful what you wish for - you might just get it!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 17, 2003
  10. Adam Warner

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Nicolaas Hawkins" wrote
    > >> Well, you see, they asked Roger(the mainframe engineer) which models
    > >> were *CRAP*, and he said that the 1220 was "raely carp"

    > > Full of barely cooked fish?

    > Man, you haven't LIVED until you have had one of Roger's half-warmed fish!

    Dude.... that aint fish!

    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003
  11. On 18 Oct 2003 , T.N.O. wrote :

    > "Nicolaas Hawkins" wrote

    >> > Full of barely cooked fish?

    >> Man, you haven't LIVED until you have had one of Roger's half-warmed
    >> fish!

    > Dude.... that aint fish!

    Oooh-ER! This is starting to sound a little dubious! It SMELLS like
    a creel of partly-decomposed scombridae - what else COULD it be?

    [innocent look]

    --
    Nicolaas.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 17, 2003