HP laserjet 1000

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rippo, May 31, 2006.

  1. Rippo

    Rippo Guest

    Has anyone had any success finding any compatible drivers for a HP
    laserjet 1000 printer.

    HP tells me that there are no drivers but some will be available soon.
    I have tried the following drivers

    HP laserjet
    HP laserjet 1100
    HP laserjet 1200
    HP laserjet 4000 series

    to no avail. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Rippo
     
    Rippo, May 31, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. If you can find PCL 5e drivers, they should work. Both the 1200 and 1300
    series should have them.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging
    http://www.coribright.com/windows



    "Rippo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone had any success finding any compatible drivers for a HP
    > laserjet 1000 printer.
    >
    > HP tells me that there are no drivers but some will be available soon.
    > I have tried the following drivers
    >
    > HP laserjet
    > HP laserjet 1100
    > HP laserjet 1200
    > HP laserjet 4000 series
    >
    > to no avail. Can anyone help?
    > Thanks
    > Rippo
    >
     
    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 31, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rippo

    Rippo Guest

    Thanks for this however I can only find the drivers for Itanium and not
    x64 from HP.com

    > If you can find PCL 5e drivers, they should work. Both the 1200 and 1300
    > series should have them.
     
    Rippo, May 31, 2006
    #3
  4. Rippo

    Rick Guest

    There is a "HP Laserjet 1200 Series PCL" driver included in Win x64.
    Try that one.


    Rippo wrote:
    > Thanks for this however I can only find the drivers for Itanium and not
    > x64 from HP.com
    >
    >> If you can find PCL 5e drivers, they should work. Both the 1200 and 1300
    >> series should have them.

    >
     
    Rick, May 31, 2006
    #4
  5. Rippo

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    I have a HP laser jet 1012 and the built-in Windows x64 HPLJ 1100 driver
    works fine. What problem did you experience? Could you not install the
    driver or would the printer just not print?

    HP also has beta Windows x64 drivers out there for most printers. The
    best place to find them is at:

    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL13996/oj-39336-1/x64Drv5.64.0.17.exe

    Jay

    Rippo wrote:
    > Has anyone had any success finding any compatible drivers for a HP
    > laserjet 1000 printer.
    >
    > HP tells me that there are no drivers but some will be available soon.
    > I have tried the following drivers
    >
    > HP laserjet
    > HP laserjet 1100
    > HP laserjet 1200
    > HP laserjet 4000 series
    >
    > to no avail. Can anyone help?
    > Thanks
    > Rippo
    >
    >
    >
    > ---
    > avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0622-2, 05/31/2006
    > Tested on: 5/31/2006 3:00:14 PM
    > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.
    > http://www.avast.com
    >
    >
    >
     
    jabloomf1230, May 31, 2006
    #5
  6. Won't work. Don't bother. The problem is, as has been discussed here many
    times, the HP 1000 is a "host based printer". It has NO internal brains to
    process anything, and thus requires an application running on the host to do
    the processing.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64


    Rick wrote:
    > There is a "HP Laserjet 1200 Series PCL" driver included in Win x64.
    > Try that one.
    >
    >
    > Rippo wrote:
    >> Thanks for this however I can only find the drivers for Itanium and not
    >> x64 from HP.com
    >>
    >>> If you can find PCL 5e drivers, they should work. Both the 1200 and
    >>> 1300 series should have them.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 31, 2006
    #6
  7. This printer is not supported yet. It is a "host based printer", and doesn't
    have any internal processing engine to allow it to work without a full
    software application (as opposed to a simple driver) running on the host.
    Other printers from HP have either PCL5 or PostScript engines, or both. But
    the host based printers are completely dependent on the OEM to provide the
    "drivers" to make them work. As has been pointed out here many times, we
    strongly recommend that you avoid host based printers if your needs include
    any sort of system other than plain 32-bit Windows for which the OEM has
    declared they have a driver.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64


    Rippo wrote:
    > Has anyone had any success finding any compatible drivers for a HP
    > laserjet 1000 printer.
    >
    > HP tells me that there are no drivers but some will be available soon.
    > I have tried the following drivers
    >
    > HP laserjet
    > HP laserjet 1100
    > HP laserjet 1200
    > HP laserjet 4000 series
    >
    > to no avail. Can anyone help?
    > Thanks
    > Rippo
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 31, 2006
    #7
  8. Rippo

    Rippo Guest

    Bugger! Looks like I will need a new printer. Looks like a lucky ebay
    customer will be getting my old printer!

    Maybe it is time to get a fax, copier, printer combo. Can anyone
    recommend a cheap one that is not too bulky. I would like to stick to a
    HP if possible.

    Many thanks, Rippo


    > This printer is not supported yet. It is a "host based printer", and doesn't
    > have any internal processing engine to allow it to work without a full
    > software application (as opposed to a simple driver) running on the host.
    > Other printers from HP have either PCL5 or PostScript engines, or both. But
    > the host based printers are completely dependent on the OEM to provide the
    > "drivers" to make them work. As has been pointed out here many times, we
    > strongly recommend that you avoid host based printers if your needs include
    > any sort of system other than plain 32-bit Windows for which the OEM has
    > declared they have a driver.
     
    Rippo, Jun 1, 2006
    #8
  9. Well, it won't fax, but my PCL 2355 is pure genius for my needs, there's a
    version with network interface and you could fax from a modem?

    A while back I used to drool over those lasers - now, I cannot think of one
    reason to exchange it - and I'll probably retire before the printer to.


    Tony. . .


    "Rippo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Bugger! Looks like I will need a new printer. Looks like a lucky ebay
    > customer will be getting my old printer!
    >
    > Maybe it is time to get a fax, copier, printer combo. Can anyone
    > recommend a cheap one that is not too bulky. I would like to stick to a
    > HP if possible.
    >
    > Many thanks, Rippo
    >
    >
    >> This printer is not supported yet. It is a "host based printer", and
    >> doesn't
    >> have any internal processing engine to allow it to work without a full
    >> software application (as opposed to a simple driver) running on the host.
    >> Other printers from HP have either PCL5 or PostScript engines, or both.
    >> But
    >> the host based printers are completely dependent on the OEM to provide
    >> the
    >> "drivers" to make them work. As has been pointed out here many times, we
    >> strongly recommend that you avoid host based printers if your needs
    >> include
    >> any sort of system other than plain 32-bit Windows for which the OEM has
    >> declared they have a driver.

    >
     
    Tony Sperling, Jun 1, 2006
    #9
  10. Rippo

    Rippo Guest

    Thanks, but I want to stick to a laser! Never got on with ink, my
    partner prints large medical journals out by the dozen...

    Tony Sperling wrote:
    > Well, it won't fax, but my PCL 2355 is pure genius for my needs, there's a
    > version with network interface and you could fax from a modem?
    >
    > A while back I used to drool over those lasers - now, I cannot think of one
    > reason to exchange it - and I'll probably retire before the printer to.
    >
    >
    > Tony. . .
    >
    >
    > "Rippo" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Bugger! Looks like I will need a new printer. Looks like a lucky ebay
    > > customer will be getting my old printer!
    > >
    > > Maybe it is time to get a fax, copier, printer combo. Can anyone
    > > recommend a cheap one that is not too bulky. I would like to stick to a
    > > HP if possible.
    > >
    > > Many thanks, Rippo
    > >
    > >
    > >> This printer is not supported yet. It is a "host based printer", and
    > >> doesn't
    > >> have any internal processing engine to allow it to work without a full
    > >> software application (as opposed to a simple driver) running on the host.
    > >> Other printers from HP have either PCL5 or PostScript engines, or both.
    > >> But
    > >> the host based printers are completely dependent on the OEM to provide
    > >> the
    > >> "drivers" to make them work. As has been pointed out here many times, we
    > >> strongly recommend that you avoid host based printers if your needs
    > >> include
    > >> any sort of system other than plain 32-bit Windows for which the OEM has
    > >> declared they have a driver.

    > >
     
    Rippo, Jun 1, 2006
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Paul
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    595
  2. Dr. Compynei

    HP Laserjet 4P

    Dr. Compynei, Dec 10, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    3,303
    SgtMinor
    Dec 11, 2003
  3. Peter B

    Re: HP Laserjet 4

    Peter B, Jan 9, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,207
    Peter B
    Jan 10, 2004
  4. Torrey Lauer

    driver for HP LaserJet 1000

    Torrey Lauer, Dec 3, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    819
    Torrey Lauer
    Jan 1, 2006
  5. Guest

    Windows 7 and HP LaserJet 1000 series

    Guest, Nov 22, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    3,812
    chuckcar
    Nov 22, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page