    but tests using carriage return, did not help. Happens
    with driver from included floppy, as well as driver downloaded
    from HP ws. This pc has W98.

    rose, Nov 21, 2003

  2. rose

    Cubzilla Guest

    "rose" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone had this problem & know of a fix?
    >
    > HP Laserjet 2100TN printer drops a line (leaves a blank line)
    > about once per page (anywhere on a page) when printing text
    > (saved from any web page) using notepad with word wrap.
    > I suspected a special (unprintable) character was present
    > but tests using carriage return, did not help. Happens
    > with driver from included floppy, as well as driver downloaded
    > from HP ws. This pc has W98.

    Can you try a new toner cartridge ?

    Is the line running horizontal or vertically

    take a look at the service guide @

    http://tinyurl.com/w0rd

    Regards

    Cubzilla, Nov 21, 2003

  3. rose Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>:

    > Has anyone had this problem & know of a fix?
    >
    > HP Laserjet 2100TN printer drops a line (leaves a blank line)
    > about once per page (anywhere on a page) when printing text
    > (saved from any web page) using notepad with word wrap.
    > I suspected a special (unprintable) character was present
    > but tests using carriage return, did not help. Happens
    > with driver from included floppy, as well as driver downloaded
    > from HP ws. This pc has W98.

    Which 2100 driver are you using? PCL, PCL6, PCL5, or the PS one? It
    could be as simple as a driver issue, or as complex as a formatter
    problem. The easiest way to go is to see if a different 2100 driver
    type (pcl6/pcl5/ps) does the same thing. You can also contact HP for
    further help... <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 21, 2003
  4. rose

    Kenneth Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:17:53 -0500, Thund3rstruck
    <> wrote:

    >You can also contact HP for
    >further help... <G>

    Howdy,

    I might remove the "<G>"...

    My experiences with HP tech support have been excellent.

    HTH,

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Kenneth Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>:

    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:17:53 -0500, Thund3rstruck
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>You can also contact HP for
    >>further help... <G>

    > Howdy,
    >
    > I might remove the "<G>"...
    >
    > My experiences with HP tech support have been excellent.
    >
    > HTH,

    You're preaching to the choir here. I'm HP certified on a lot of
    stuff, mainly printers...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 22, 2003
  6. rose

    Kenneth Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:31:36 -0500, Thund3rstruck
    <> wrote:

    > You're preaching to the choir here. I'm HP certified on a lot of
    >stuff, mainly printers...
    >
    > NOI

    Hmmm,

    I guess I misinterpreted the "<G>".

    <VBG>

    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Nov 22, 2003
  7. Kenneth Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>:
    > Hmmm,
    >
    > I guess I misinterpreted the "<G>".
    >
    > <VBG>