    messages long before the cartridge runs out.
    Is there any way I can turn this function off?
    Spencer
    Spencer, Aug 3, 2009

  2. Spencer

    impossible Guest

    "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    news:h57j5d$h34$...
    >I have a HP Deskjet D2360 printer that gives me "Ink low" pop up messages
    >long before the cartridge runs out.
    > Is there any way I can turn this function off?
    > Spencer

    Have a look at your user manual -- or here you'll find a copy:

    http://www.generalmanual.com/Printers/HP-Deskjet-D2360-Printer.htm

    The procedure might vary some depending on your os. But if you look in the
    section called "printer software" you'll find information on the "ink status
    window". Usually these things are just a matter of unchecking the default
    setting.
    impossible, Aug 4, 2009

  3. Spencer

    Spencer Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I have a HP Deskjet D2360 printer that gives me "Ink low" pop up
    >> messages long before the cartridge runs out.
    >> Is there any way I can turn this function off?
    >> Spencer
    >>

    > Have a look at your user manual -- or here you'll find a copy:
    >
    > http://www.generalmanual.com/Printers/HP-Deskjet-D2360-Printer.htm
    >
    > The procedure might vary some depending on your os. But if you look in
    > the section called "printer software" you'll find information on the
    > "ink status window". Usually these things are just a matter of
    > unchecking the default setting.

    If this is the "ink status window" there doesn't seem to be the option
    to uncheck the setting:
    http://i25.tinypic.com/ked7j5.jpg

    I'm using Win98SE. I have downloaded the manual and read it.
    I have checked all the printer properties.
    There is no index entry for the word "ink".
    P.S. the printer works fine.
    Spencer, Aug 5, 2009
  4. Spencer

    impossible Guest

    "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    > impossible wrote:
    >>
    >> "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I have a HP Deskjet D2360 printer that gives me "Ink low" pop up
    >>> messages long before the cartridge runs out.
    >>> Is there any way I can turn this function off?
    >>> Spencer
    >>>

    >> Have a look at your user manual -- or here you'll find a copy:
    >>
    >> http://www.generalmanual.com/Printers/HP-Deskjet-D2360-Printer.htm
    >>
    >> The procedure might vary some depending on your os. But if you look in
    >> the section called "printer software" you'll find information on the "ink
    >> status window". Usually these things are just a matter of unchecking the
    >> default setting.

    > If this is the "ink status window" there doesn't seem to be the option to
    > uncheck the setting:
    > http://i25.tinypic.com/ked7j5.jpg

    Go Start | Settings | Printers

    Then click the HPDeskjet icon. That should get you into the printer
    software. Options should be available there.

    > I'm using Win98SE. I have downloaded the manual and read it.
    > I have checked all the printer properties.
    > There is no index entry for the word "ink".
    > P.S. the printer works fine.

    See P.46
    impossible, Aug 5, 2009
  5. Spencer

    Matty F Guest

    On Aug 5, 2:14 pm, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > "Spencer" <> wrote in message

    > > impossible wrote:

    > >> "Spencer" <> wrote in message

    > >> Have a look at your user manual -- or here you'll find a copy:

    > >>http://www.generalmanual.com/Printers/HP-Deskjet-D2360-Printer.htm

    > >> The procedure might vary some depending on your os. But if you look in
    > >> the section called "printer software" you'll find information on the "ink
    > >> status window". Usually these things are just a matter of unchecking the
    > >> default setting.

    > > If this is the "ink status window" there doesn't seem to be the option to
    > > uncheck the setting:
    > >http://i25.tinypic.com/ked7j5.jpg

    > Go Start | Settings | Printers
    >
    > Then click the HPDeskjet icon. That should get you into the printer
    > software. Options should be available there.
    >
    > > I'm using Win98SE. I have downloaded the manual and read it.
    > > I have checked all the printer properties.
    > > There is no index entry for the word "ink".
    > > P.S. the printer works fine.

    > See P.46

    Hi, I'm also looking at this problem.
    Page 46 says "View the Ink Status window for the approximate ink level
    of each print cartridge." That refers to page 48 which says:
    "The Ink Status window is displayed each time the printer prints a
    file. The window displays the approximate ink level of each print
    cartridge. To close the Ink Status window, click Close.
    If you do not want the Ink Status window to appear when you print,
    select the Do not show this again check box in the lower-left corner
    of the window."

    This window is what appears each time the printer is used:
    http://i25.tinypic.com/ked7j5.jpg

    This window does not have a "Do not show this again check box in the
    lower-left corner of the window."

    There are no options under the HPDeskjet properties to not show the
    Ink Status window.
    Matty F, Aug 5, 2009
  6. Spencer

    impossible Guest

    "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 5, 2:14 pm, "impossible" <> wrote:
    >> "Spencer" <> wrote in message

    >> > If this is the "ink status window" there doesn't seem to be the option
    >> > uncheck the setting:
    >> >http://i25.tinypic.com/ked7j5.jpg

    >> Go Start | Settings | Printers
    >>
    >> Then click the HPDeskjet icon. That should get you into the printer
    >> software. Options should be available there.
    >>
    >> > I'm using Win98SE. I have downloaded the manual and read it.
    >> > I have checked all the printer properties.
    >> > There is no index entry for the word "ink".
    >> > P.S. the printer works fine.

    >> See P.46

    > Hi, I'm also looking at this problem.
    > Page 46 says "View the Ink Status window for the approximate ink level
    > of each print cartridge." That refers to page 48 which says:
    > "The Ink Status window is displayed each time the printer prints a
    > file. The window displays the approximate ink level of each print
    > cartridge. To close the Ink Status window, click Close.
    > If you do not want the Ink Status window to appear when you print,
    > select the Do not show this again check box in the lower-left corner
    > of the window."
    >
    > This window is what appears each time the printer is used:
    > http://i25.tinypic.com/ked7j5.jpg
    >
    > This window does not have a "Do not show this again check box in the
    > lower-left corner of the window."
    >
    > There are no options under the HPDeskjet properties to not show the
    > Ink Status window.

    You might check if HP has updated its software/drivers for this model.
    impossible, Aug 5, 2009