    "HP Image Zone Express" does not uninstall. I clicked in the item at
    add/remove programs... setup starts and exists in 1 second...
    any help?

    JohnZing, May 24, 2006

  2. JohnZing

    dfrog Guest

    "JohnZing" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi
    > I bought a new printer. It was a HP printer.
    > HP printer comes with software.
    >
    > I want to install just the printer driver, but HP CD installed
    > terabytes of software... terabytes of software trying to connect to net
    > and open popups...
    >
    > I uninstalled every hp prog... YAAACCC... but the a "trash soft" named
    > "HP Image Zone Express" does not uninstall. I clicked in the item at
    > add/remove programs... setup starts and exists in 1 second...
    > any help?

    JohnZ,

    see if this helps any

    http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=67383

    the other option is to seek help on HP site

    dfrog

    dfrog, May 24, 2006

  3. JohnZing

    ellis_jay Guest

    JohnZing wrote:
    > hi
    > I bought a new printer. It was a HP printer.
    > HP printer comes with software.
    >
    > I want to install just the printer driver, but HP CD installed
    > terabytes of software... terabytes of software trying to connect to
    > net and open popups...
    >
    > I uninstalled every hp prog... YAAACCC... but the a "trash soft" named
    > "HP Image Zone Express" does not uninstall. I clicked in the item at
    > add/remove programs... setup starts and exists in 1 second...
    > any help?

    Doesn't HP Image Zone-and maybe the Express version too- allow you to scan
    with your HP all-in-one even though you don't have a scanner? You may want
    to keep the downloads. I have the HP Director and HP Image Zone with my new
    printer and I recently had to do some scanning with it. I just don't
    remember which one I used-Director or Zone.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, May 24, 2006
  4. JohnZing

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:53:28 +0100, JohnZing wrote
    (in article <>):

    > hi
    > I bought a new printer. It was a HP printer.

    Was it? What is it now?

    > HP printer comes with software.

    Yes, all printers generally do.

    > I want to install just the printer driver,

    So what stopped you from visiting their website and downloading "just the
    printer driver? Drivers on CDs that come with things are (usually) out of
    date by the time you buy the thing.

    but HP CD installed
    > terabytes of software... terabytes of software trying to connect to net
    > and open popups...

    Terabytes, eh? Well for that to be true, HP must have invented some super
    compression technique and you must have a HDD far in excess of anything
    currently available.

    I suspect it has nothing whatsoever to do with HP's software - I think your
    system is infected with spyware.

    > I uninstalled every hp prog... YAAACCC... but the a "trash soft" named
    > "HP Image Zone Express" does not uninstall. I clicked in the item at
    > add/remove programs... setup starts and exists in 1 second...
    > any help?

    You should have downloaded the driver. Simple as that.

    Margolotta, May 25, 2006
  5. JohnZing

    Dr Anxiety Guest

    The superscillious "Margolotta" <>
    wrote in message news:rq7dg.18866$...
    > On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:53:28 +0100, JohnZing wrote
    > (in article <>):

    Tut tut Sarah aka margolotta, lets just go through the issues shall we.
    Who are you to be responding to posts in your smartass condescending
    fashion?
    You make many false claims for your ability, when a simple google of the
    phraseology you use, such as "coding by hand" in MS publisher or your silly
    claim to have seen Vista etc etc, all we do is check the archive and we all
    too easily find the originals that you lifted from, thats called piracy.
    The list of claims you make are endless, one of the most ludicrous
    you have made in recent times is that you have been involved with
    computers for 20 years! So I assume you count having a pocket calculator
    aged 10 in your last year at primary school as the start of your sparkling
    career in computers?
    Your first PC was 6 years ago, you never mastered that, so 10 months
    back you got your poor father to foot the bill for a Mac. And you haven't
    quite mastered that either have you.
    We know all about you Sarah Balfour, from your *own* posts in the google
    archive, you've never fitted in anywhere, not at home nor school and
    most certainly not online. You never attempt to intergrate, no humour,
    no contrition, nothing but your snide worthless comments.
    And of course your obnoxious posts where you correct the grammer of
    posters, so big deal you know the difference between an apostrophe and
    a colostomy, and when you insult and abuse with your usual name calling
    of "semi-illiterate f**kwit" and luser", well think about it..............
    You'll be calling a "luser", someone who probably paid for their PC/mac with
    money they earned - you didn't, you haven't done a days work in your life.
    They will also probably have a family who are proud of them, can you say
    that Sarah?
    They maybe homeowners, family, etc, they will be employed and car
    owners, who have friends and a social life etc etc etc. None of which
    you will ever be able to say about yourself Sarah.
    You set out to provoke with your nasty posting style but you always come
    out the looser, you never win because you don't try to fit in.
    You are just too anal retentive.
    You should avoid technical newsgroups as you are out of your depth,
    If you have to post to usenet I suggest you try groups concerned with
    knitting, or recipes or even Big Brother, groups more suited to sad lonely
    bitter twisted spinsters like yourself Sarah.
    One final point Sarah, I'm afraid no further treatment until you settle
    your account, my invoice is in the post.
    Regards.

    Dr Anxiety, May 25, 2006