HP Employee's -- I need a bit of help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Aug 8, 2009.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Any of you with access to Excalibur? If so I desperately need all the old
    firmware (BIOS, NIC) for the 6730s (code name ZZI discrete). I have a
    pre-release unit that was updated in the wrong order and I need to roll back
    and do the incremental upgrades.

    The message I get on boot is:

    "Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure you follow the
    correct procedure and try again. This may require two sequential BIOS updates
    to complete the process.

    ENTER - Continue Startup"

    After that, it runs normally. But the internal NIC is non-functional, and I
    think I jumped from "B" type pre-production firmware straight to a "F" series.

    I have already tried all the firmware that is officially released, I need the
    old stuff.

    Could some kind soul please grab all the bins. (BIOS, NIC, and Video) for me
    for that model and .zip 'em up to upload somewhere? It would really help me
    out of a jam because I no longer have Excalibur access.

    Or....

    Does anyone know a NG frequented by HP workers?

    G. Morgan, Aug 8, 2009

  2. G. Morgan <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    > Any of you with access to Excalibur? If so I desperately need all

    the old
    > firmware (BIOS, NIC) for the 6730s (code name ZZI discrete). I have

    > pre-release unit that was updated in the wrong order and I need to

    roll back
    > and do the incremental upgrades.
    >
    > The message I get on boot is:
    >
    > "Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure you follow

    the
    > correct procedure and try again. This may require two sequential

    BIOS updates
    > to complete the process.
    >
    > ENTER - Continue Startup"
    >
    > After that, it runs normally. But the internal NIC is non-

    functional, and I
    > think I jumped from "B" type pre-production firmware straight to a

    "F" series.

    > I have already tried all the firmware that is officially released, I

    need the
    > old stuff.
    >
    > Could some kind soul please grab all the bins. (BIOS, NIC, and Video)

    for me
    > for that model and .zip 'em up to upload somewhere? It would really

    help me
    > out of a jam because I no longer have Excalibur access.
    >
    > Or....
    >
    > Does anyone know a NG frequented by HP workers?

    So everything was working and you fucked it up?

    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 8, 2009

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    **** you, slant-eye.

    G. Morgan, Aug 8, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    John Holmes Guest

    G. Morgan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Any of you with access to Excalibur? If so I desperately need all the
    > old firmware (BIOS, NIC) for the 6730s (code name ZZI discrete). I
    > have a pre-release unit that was updated in the wrong order and I need
    > to roll back and do the incremental upgrades.
    >
    > The message I get on boot is:
    >
    > "Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure you follow
    > the correct procedure and try again. This may require two sequential
    > BIOS updates to complete the process.
    >
    > ENTER - Continue Startup"
    >
    > After that, it runs normally. But the internal NIC is non-functional,
    > and I think I jumped from "B" type pre-production firmware straight to
    > a "F" series.
    >

    > I have already tried all the firmware that is officially released, I
    > need the old stuff.
    >
    > Could some kind soul please grab all the bins. (BIOS, NIC, and Video)
    > for me for that model and .zip 'em up to upload somewhere? It would
    > really help me out of a jam because I no longer have Excalibur access.
    >
    > Or....
    >
    > Does anyone know a NG frequented by HP workers?

    The main rule for updating a BIOS is: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    So what was the problem that made you decise to upgrade the BIOS in the
    first place?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Aug 8, 2009
  5. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    John Holmes wrote:

    >The main rule for updating a BIOS is: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    >So what was the problem that made you decise to upgrade the BIOS in the
    >first place?

    This is a engineering sample laptop. It originally had a alpha ROM that was
    not ready for prime time (heating issues etc..). When I ceased working for HP
    I lost access to developer's code in progress. Sometimes, an incremental BIOS
    upgrade is necessary instead of jumping from an alpha/beta to the final
    product.

    The new installed BIOS works fine, I'm just trying to get rid of the flag at
    startup.

    G. Morgan, Aug 8, 2009
  6. G. Morgan <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >§ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >>So everything was working and you fucked it up?

    >**** you, slant-eye.

    Ignorance *confirmed*.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 9, 2009
  7. G. Morgan <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >>The main rule for updating a BIOS is: "if it ain't broke, don't fix

    it".
    >>So what was the problem that made you decise to upgrade the BIOS in

    the
    >>first place?

    >This is a engineering sample laptop. It originally had a alpha ROM

    that was
    >not ready for prime time (heating issues etc..). When I ceased

    working for HP
    >I lost access to developer's code in progress. Sometimes, an

    incremental BIOS
    >upgrade is necessary instead of jumping from an alpha/beta to the

    final
    >product.
    >
    >The new installed BIOS works fine, I'm just trying to get rid of the

    flag at
    >startup.

    Sure, thats what happened.

    <snicker>

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 9, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >Sure, thats what happened.

    Shouldn't you be back to school shopping with mommy?

    Only a week or two until you start High School.

    G. Morgan, Aug 9, 2009
  9. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >Ignorance *confirmed*.

    I already knew that, glad you finally admitted to it.

    G. Morgan, Aug 9, 2009
  10. In message <>, G. Morgan wrote:
    > §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    > >Sure, thats what happened.

    > Shouldn't you be back to school shopping with mommy?

    Looking for kids on the internet?

    > Only a week or two until you start High School.

    So you like em *young*...

    :(

    --
    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 9, 2009
  11. In message <>, G. Morgan wrote:

    > I already finally admitted to it.

    Huh? Put down the crack pipe, yo.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 9, 2009
  12. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >Huh? Put down the crack pipe, yo.

    Resorting to post-editing now, dingus?

    G. Morgan, Aug 10, 2009
  13. G. Morgan

    Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >> Could some kind soul please grab all the bins. (BIOS, NIC, and Video)

    >for me
    >> for that model and .zip 'em up to upload somewhere? It would really

    >help me
    >> out of a jam because I no longer have Excalibur access.
    >>
    >> Or....
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a NG frequented by HP workers?

    >So everything was working and you fucked it up?
    >
    >BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Well this explains the
    Survey: Has anyone seen a post by "§ñühw¤£f" with any value?
    Post.

    --

    Man blames cat for downloading child pornography
    http://tinyurl.com/ljgkhx

    , Aug 10, 2009
  14. G. Morgan <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >post-dingus?

    Keep your freaky sexual proclivities to youself, Net Abuser.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 10, 2009
  15. G. Morgan <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >I wish

    Wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up
    faster.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 10, 2009
  16. pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >Has anyone seen "§ñühw¤£f"?

    I'm invisible, d00d.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 10, 2009
  17. G. Morgan

    John Holmes Guest

    G. Morgan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >>The main rule for updating a BIOS is: "if it ain't broke, don't fix
    >>it". So what was the problem that made you decise to upgrade the BIOS
    >>in the first place?

    > This is a engineering sample laptop. It originally had a alpha ROM
    > that was not ready for prime time (heating issues etc..). When I
    > ceased working for HP I lost access to developer's code in progress.
    > Sometimes, an incremental BIOS upgrade is necessary instead of jumping
    > from an alpha/beta to the final product.
    >
    > The new installed BIOS works fine, I'm just trying to get rid of the
    > flag at startup.

    Have you tried flashing the BIOS one more time?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Aug 10, 2009
  18. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    John Holmes wrote:

    >Have you tried flashing the BIOS one more time?

    Yes, many times. Even using the Freedos & Windoze methods.

    It's more of an annoyance, because the 'puter will start after a ~20 second
    timeout if I don't press enter.

    G. Morgan, Aug 15, 2009
  19. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    wrote:

    >Well this explains the
    >Survey: Has anyone seen a post by "§ñühw¤£f" with any value?
    >Post.

    Yup.

    G. Morgan, Aug 15, 2009
  20. G. Morgan

    John Holmes Guest

    G. Morgan "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >>Have you tried flashing the BIOS one more time?

    > Yes, many times. Even using the Freedos & Windoze methods.
    >
    > It's more of an annoyance, because the 'puter will start after a ~20
    > second timeout if I don't press enter.

    Is the machine asking for a "F1 to continue" ? If so, try the following
    link:

    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp0501-1000/SP0667.ZIP

    It's a patch to operate a HP/Compaq computer without a keyboard, ie the
    machine won't wait for for a keyboard stroke when a failure occurs, thus
    bypassing the 20 second delay. The patch won't harm your system, if it
    doesn't work, just go back to the BIOS defaults.

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Aug 17, 2009