    Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Rider

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    news:HwOFf.134812$...
    > I've been trying HP's website to order a set of replacement cd's for a
    > Pavilion.
    >
    > http://www.hp.co.nz/driversondisk
    >
    > Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    > else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.
    >
    > Rider

    Website down for me too, xtra 2mb, using IE and Firefox 1.5

    cheers
    KB

    Krazy Bob, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message

    > "Rider" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been trying HP's website to order a set of replacement cd's for a
    >> Pavilion.
    >>
    >> http://www.hp.co.nz/driversondisk
    >>
    >> Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    >> else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.
    >>
    >> Rider
    >>

    > Website down for me too, xtra 2mb, using IE and Firefox 1.5
    >
    > cheers
    > KB

    I rang HP ... they said its all down, even they can't access any ordering.

    Cheers

    Rider, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Rider" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've been trying HP's website to order a set of replacement cd's for a
    >>Pavilion.
    >>
    >>http://www.hp.co.nz/driversondisk
    >>
    >>Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    >>else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.
    >>
    >>Rider
    >>

    > Website down for me too, xtra 2mb, using IE and Firefox 1.5
    >
    > cheers
    > KB

    Whenever it finally comes up, you need to use IE to order a disk. If you
    use Firefox it just hangs.

    Jerry, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Rider

    Philip Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > I've been trying HP's website to order a set of replacement cd's for a
    > Pavilion.
    >
    > http://www.hp.co.nz/driversondisk
    >
    > Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    > else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.
    >
    > Rider

    Nope, doesn't load here either. A lost cause I suspect. You might be
    able to pick them up separately on the Web - which ones are youo missing?

    Philip

    (already expensively bitten by HP and their crap no-restore-disk approach)

    Philip, Feb 8, 2006
  6. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Philip" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    >> I've been trying HP's website to order a set of replacement cd's for a
    >> Pavilion.
    >>
    >> http://www.hp.co.nz/driversondisk
    >>
    >> Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    >> else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.
    >>
    >> Rider
    >>

    > Nope, doesn't load here either. A lost cause I suspect. You might be able
    > to pick them up separately on the Web - which ones are youo missing?
    >
    > Philip
    >
    > (already expensively bitten by HP and their crap no-restore-disk approach)

    Old 6609 recovery set. I phoned HP today as its still down. Apparently there
    was a security breach of the website on the weekend, so they've shut it down
    to fix it. Apparently won't be up till next week. All phone orders are on
    hold as well because they use the same website to do phone orders
    apparently.

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 8, 2006
  7. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "Philip" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Rider wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've been trying HP's website to order a set of replacement cd's for a
    >>>Pavilion.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.hp.co.nz/driversondisk
    >>>
    >>>Are they still suppling replacement cd's, or have they canned. Can anyone
    >>>else access this site, just in case the issue is at my end.
    >>>
    >>>Rider
    >>>

    >>Nope, doesn't load here either. A lost cause I suspect. You might be able
    >>to pick them up separately on the Web - which ones are youo missing?
    >>
    >>Philip
    >>
    >>(already expensively bitten by HP and their crap no-restore-disk approach)

    > Old 6609 recovery set. I phoned HP today as its still down. Apparently there
    > was a security breach of the website on the weekend, so they've shut it down
    > to fix it. Apparently won't be up till next week. All phone orders are on
    > hold as well because they use the same website to do phone orders
    > apparently.
    >
    > Rider

    I think I can get my hands on one of those if you have no luck
    elsewhere. e-mail me if you like, stoebe at paradise dot net

    Jerry, Feb 10, 2006
  8. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Rider wrote:
    >> "Philip" <> wrote in message

    >>>Nope, doesn't load here either. A lost cause I suspect. You might be able
    >>>to pick them up separately on the Web - which ones are youo missing?
    >>>
    >>>Philip
    >>>
    >>>(already expensively bitten by HP and their crap no-restore-disk
    >>>approach)

    >> Old 6609 recovery set. I phoned HP today as its still down. Apparently
    >> there was a security breach of the website on the weekend, so they've
    >> shut it down to fix it. Apparently won't be up till next week. All phone
    >> orders are on hold as well because they use the same website to do phone
    >> orders apparently.
    >>
    >> Rider

    > I think I can get my hands on one of those if you have no luck elsewhere.
    > e-mail me if you like, stoebe at paradise dot net

    Thans for that. They phoned me back today and are processing these orders
    manually now. LoL

    Thanks again

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 13, 2006
  9. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Rider wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Philip" <> wrote in message

    >>>Old 6609 recovery set. I phoned HP today as its still down. Apparently
    >>>there was a security breach of the website on the weekend, so they've
    >>>shut it down to fix it. Apparently won't be up till next week. All phone
    >>>orders are on hold as well because they use the same website to do phone
    >>>orders apparently.
    >>>
    >>>Rider

    >>I think I can get my hands on one of those if you have no luck elsewhere.
    >>e-mail me if you like, stoebe at paradise dot net

    > Thans for that. They phoned me back today and are processing these orders
    > manually now. LoL
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > Rider

    When the site is actually up and working you get the disks the next day
    if you order before noon. Well, that is after you figure out that
    firefox won't work all the way though the order. I do know where there
    is a set if you need a copy.

    Jerry, Feb 13, 2006
  10. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:00:20 +1300, Rider wrote:

    > Thans for that. They phoned me back today and are processing these orders
    > manually now. LoL
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > Rider

    I also have a set of CD's for my 523a pavilion and you can borrow those if
    you like ( i live in south Auckland if that is any help)

    --
    First they came for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist.

    Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

    Robin Halligan, Feb 16, 2006
  11. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Robin Halligan wrote:
    > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:00:20 +1300, Rider wrote:
    >

    >>Thans for that. They phoned me back today and are processing these orders
    >>manually now. LoL
    >>
    >>Thanks again
    >>
    >>Rider

    > I also have a set of CD's for my 523a pavilion and you can borrow those if
    > you like ( i live in south Auckland if that is any help)

    523a disks won't work on his 6609. Hopefully he has some by now. 6609
    disks actually were shipped with the computer.

    Jerry, Feb 16, 2006
  12. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Robin Halligan wrote:
    >> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:00:20 +1300, Rider wrote:
    >>

    >>>Thans for that. They phoned me back today and are processing these orders
    >>>manually now. LoL
    >>>
    >>>Thanks again
    >>>
    >>>Rider

    >> I also have a set of CD's for my 523a pavilion and you can borrow those
    >> if
    >> you like ( i live in south Auckland if that is any help)

    > 523a disks won't work on his 6609. Hopefully he has some by now. 6609
    > disks actually were shipped with the computer.

    Actually HP phoned me late yesterday ... 6609 is no longer available from
    them.

    :(

    Rider, Feb 16, 2006
  13. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Robin Halligan" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:00:20 +1300, Rider wrote:
    >
    >> Thans for that. They phoned me back today and are processing these orders
    >> manually now. LoL
    >>
    >> Thanks again
    >>
    >> Rider

    > I also have a set of CD's for my 523a pavilion and you can borrow those if
    > you like ( i live in south Auckland if that is any help)

    Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately they won't work.
    Much appreciated.

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 16, 2006
  14. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Robin Halligan wrote:

    >>>I also have a set of CD's for my 523a pavilion and you can borrow those
    >>>if
    >>>you like ( i live in south Auckland if that is any help)

    >>523a disks won't work on his 6609. Hopefully he has some by now. 6609
    >>disks actually were shipped with the computer.

    > Actually HP phoned me late yesterday ... 6609 is no longer available from
    > them.
    >
    > :(

    Where are you?

    Jerry, Feb 16, 2006
  15. Rider

    Jerry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Robin Halligan wrote:

    >>>I also have a set of CD's for my 523a pavilion and you can borrow those
    >>>if
    >>>you like ( i live in south Auckland if that is any help)

    >>523a disks won't work on his 6609. Hopefully he has some by now. 6609
    >>disks actually were shipped with the computer.

    > Actually HP phoned me late yesterday ... 6609 is no longer available from
    > them.
    >
    > :(

    e-mail me stoebe at paradise dot net . youknow

    Jerry, Feb 16, 2006