    tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts printing page 1
    again and again. The print page range is set right those specific
    pages but it just won't do it right. Any ideas?
    Steven Chipman, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Steven Chipman

    PC Guest

    "Steven Chipman" <> wrote in message
    news:fp8nf.1411$oz5.459@dukeread03...
    >I was trying to print just page 9-10 of a 10 page report but everytime I
    >tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts printing page 1 again
    >and again. The print page range is set right those specific pages but it
    >just won't do it right. Any ideas?

    Steven

    I doubt it is a fault of the printer, more likely the word processor you are
    using.
    Paul.
    PC, Dec 12, 2005

  3. PC wrote:
    > "Steven Chipman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I was trying to print just page 9-10 of a 10 page report but everytime I
    >>tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts printing page 1 again
    >>and again. The print page range is set right those specific pages but it
    >>just won't do it right. Any ideas?

    > Steven
    >
    > I doubt it is a fault of the printer, more likely the word processor you are
    > using.
    > Paul.

    So Micosoft Word screwed up the pages? Something on how it sets the
    pages causes it?
    Steven Chipman, Dec 12, 2005
  4. Steven Chipman

    > PC wrote:
    >> "Steven Chipman" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I was trying to print just page 9-10 of a 10 page report but everytime I
    >>>tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts printing page 1
    >>>again and again. The print page range is set right those specific pages
    >>>but it just won't do it right. Any ideas?

    >> Steven
    >>
    >> I doubt it is a fault of the printer, more likely the word processor you
    >> are using.
    >> Paul.

    > So Micosoft Word screwed up the pages? Something on how it sets the
    > pages causes it?

    Would seem like it.

    May I suggest you download & install a copy of Open Office 2 (its free) from
    here http://www.openoffice.org/
    It can read & write in Word format so try printing pages 9-10 from inside
    OO.

    If that works the 'easiest' fix would be to remove, reboot and then
    reinstall MS Office (Word)
    or
    Just continue using OO.

    You might get better results by posting to microsoft.public.word.general

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Steven Chipman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:fp8nf.1411$oz5.459@dukeread03,
    Steven Chipman spewed forth:
    > I was trying to print just page 9-10 of a 10 page report but
    > everytime I tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts
    > printing page 1 again and again. The print page range is set right
    > those specific pages but it just won't do it right. Any ideas?

    Have you cleared unprinted copies of the document from the print manager? If
    you haven't, it will keep trying the first document in the printer queue and
    won't ever get past it to the new documents.

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 12, 2005
  6. Steven Chipman

    PC Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:fp8nf.1411$oz5.459@dukeread03,
    > Steven Chipman spewed forth:
    >> I was trying to print just page 9-10 of a 10 page report but
    >> everytime I tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts
    >> printing page 1 again and again. The print page range is set right
    >> those specific pages but it just won't do it right. Any ideas?

    > Have you cleared unprinted copies of the document from the print manager?
    > If you haven't, it will keep trying the first document in the printer
    > queue and won't ever get past it to the new documents.
    >
    > --
    > We put the "K" in "Kwality"!

    Bugger, why didn't I think of that.
    P.
    PC, Dec 13, 2005
  7. Steven Chipman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:%6pnf.7728$,
    PC spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:fp8nf.1411$oz5.459@dukeread03,
    >> Steven Chipman spewed forth:
    >>> I was trying to print just page 9-10 of a 10 page report but
    >>> everytime I tried to set it to print just those pages, it starts
    >>> printing page 1 again and again. The print page range is set right
    >>> those specific pages but it just won't do it right. Any ideas?

    >> Have you cleared unprinted copies of the document from the print
    >> manager? If you haven't, it will keep trying the first document in
    >> the printer queue and won't ever get past it to the new documents.
    >>
    >> --
    >> We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    >>

    > Bugger, why didn't I think of that.
    > P.

    I run into that at work - very few (if any) of my users even know there's a
    print manager running <g>

    Of course, since Steven hasn't checked back in to tell us if it's working
    again or not, we may never know...

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 13, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:%6pnf.7728$,
    > PC spewed forth:
    >
    >>"Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>In news:fp8nf.1411$oz5.459@dukeread03,
    >>>Steven Chipman spewed forth:

    >>>Have you cleared unprinted copies of the document from the print
    >>>manager? If you haven't, it will keep trying the first document in
    >>>the printer queue and won't ever get past it to the new documents.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    >>>

    >>Bugger, why didn't I think of that.
    >>P.

    > I run into that at work - very few (if any) of my users even know there's a
    > print manager running <g>
    >
    > Of course, since Steven hasn't checked back in to tell us if it's working
    > again or not, we may never know...

    Well I can tell you that I've canceled printer jobs one after another
    but it still happened

    Steve C.
    Steven Chipman, Dec 18, 2005
  9. Steven Chipman

    Sew Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:18:41 -0500, Steven Chipman <>
    wrote:

    >Well I can tell you that I've canceled printer jobs one after another
    >but it still happened

    I don't know how many software programs you have on your computer but
    I can tell you for sure that when I set one of my photo software
    programs to print 4x6 pictures and forgot about it the next time I
    went to print in a document in 8x10 in word I could not do it. It took
    me days to figure it all out. Just a possibility....hope this gives
    you something else to look at and helps..

    Sew, Dec 19, 2005