    Hey, dose someone have one of these and can tell me what voltage the battery
    is meant to be, and also which side of the power connectors is positive and
    which is negative on the printer.

    asdf, Oct 10, 2003

  2. asdf

    asdf Guest

    ps, i would like to know so i can bulid a battery my self.

    asdf, Oct 10, 2003

  3. asdf

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote in message
    > ps, i would like to know so i can bulid a battery my self.
    > "asdf" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey, dose someone have one of these and can tell me what voltage the

    > battery
    > > is meant to be, and also which side of the power connectors is positive

    > and
    > > which is negative on the printer.

    I have a friend who is contemplating doing this very thing himself and wants
    this info. Unless, of course, you are he. (?)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2003
  4. asdf

    asdf Guest

    Not as far as i am aware, i only got the printer this morning.

    Tell me if u find anything.

    Daniel

    asdf, Oct 11, 2003
  5. asdf

    John Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:01:21 +1300, "asdf" <>
    Telesound in Upper Hutt build battery packs...

    John, Oct 11, 2003
  6. asdf

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote in message
    > Not as far as i am aware, i only got the printer this morning.
    >
    > Tell me if u find anything.

    Will do. He'd actually like to find the Infra-red connection module as well
    that was an optional extra at the time he bought it new. (Years ago). He
    didn't realise the battery was an optional extra as well until he got it
    home and un-packed it then didn't bother with it at the time as he was using
    it as a desktop printer anyway, just living in a one-room apartment and
    needed all the space he could get. Now he's in a house and has a laptop as
    well and can't seem to find the parts new.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2003
  7. asdf

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:01:21 +1300, "asdf" <>
    > wrote:
    > Telesound in Upper Hutt build battery packs...

    I think you'll find the *re*-build them. As in you need the original stuffed
    battery for the casing.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Oct 11, 2003
  8. asdf

    asdf Guest

    I think ive worked out what polarity the battery will need to be, (it put's
    out a little voltage from the ternimals as u turn it on ?? (or at some point
    i got some)

    So if i manage to find even just the voltage it's ment to run on i may just
    take the gess and see if i can get it to work !

    asdf, Oct 11, 2003
  9. asdf

    -=rjh=- Guest

    asdf wrote:

    > Hey, dose someone have one of these and can tell me what voltage the
    > battery is meant to be, and also which side of the power connectors is
    > positive and which is negative on the printer.

    OK, looking at the printer base with the labels inside the battery
    compartment the right way up, ie, the terminals are to the right of the
    compartment, the top terminal is -ve, lower terminal is +ve

    Battery has third terminal between these marked "T" which is unused in the
    printer.

    Battery is Matsushita Battery Industrial Co Ltd 3003A 6V 1.2Ah NiCad and I'm
    pretty sure is a generic video camera battery.

    cheers

    -=rjh=-, Oct 11, 2003
  10. asdf

    asdf Guest

    you are are real ledgeond, thanks heaps for the help hopfuly buld up a
    battery over the next 3 days and tell u guy's how it go's. Will probibily
    end up using some 2AH
    NiMH aa's.

    Daniel

    asdf, Oct 11, 2003
  11. asdf

    asdf Guest

    Cool, put the battery to gether 2 day, and it worked (2AH) so should last 4
    ages.

    Dan

    asdf, Oct 13, 2003