    can someone here, please confirm for me that the drivers dont install on x64
    ?

    Cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2VlZQ==?=, Jun 30, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2VlZQ==?=

    Rick Guest

    Look at the .INF file. It says:

    [HP.NTia64]
    "HP Color LaserJet 5550 PCL 5c" =
    HPC55505.GPD,USBPRINT\Hewlett-Packardhp_coC8EB,LPTENUM\Hewlett-Packardhp_coC8EB,HP_Color_LaserJet_5550_PCL,USBPRINT\VID_03F0&PID_1F17

    NTia64 is the Intel Itanium CPU. This driver will not work on x64. It
    will never load in Windows x64.

    Rick, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Thats what I thought, now if I can only convince the nuggets at HP Support
    then it might get sorted!

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2VlZQ==?=, Jun 30, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3Bpa2VlZQ==?=

    Rick Guest

    Try telling them you are talking about the "recently released Windows
    x64 for the AMD Athlon 64, or AMD64, & Intel EM64T CPU and not the
    Itanium CPU." It's surprising how many Sales and Tech personnel are
    totally unaware of this version of Windows, or that it is no longer
    Beta. And many of the same ones have never heard of either an AMD
    Athlon 64 nor an Intel EM64T CPU.

    You have to educate the uneducated!

    Rick, Jun 30, 2005