    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Roger

    RDS, Feb 29, 2004

  2. RDS

    SgtMinor Guest

    You're not likely to find a replacement motherboard on the open market
    for this computer as it is more than likely proprietary. Try Hewlett
    Packard.

    Out of curiosity, what motherboard diagnostics did you perform on a
    machine that won't boot?

    --
    "It Goggles the mind..."

    SgtMinor, Feb 29, 2004

  3. RDS

    RDS Guest

    Maybe I did not explain it correctly. The unit runs for a minute up to
    several minutes and then it reboots and so on. I have run HP Diag., Soft
    Sandra, and MicroScope diagnostics. The last contains software and well as
    a board your insert into a PCI slot to get a reading/code. Nothing shows on
    either as a problem.

    Hewlett Packard says this product has "matured" and they will gladly upgrade
    it for me. If I am going to spend $600.00 it will be for a Dell. Not
    another HP.

    I do appreciate the help!

    Roger

    RDS, Mar 1, 2004
  4. RDS

    SgtMinor Guest

    Have you tried reseating all the cards and chips, including CPU?

    And, with all the stripping down you've done, don't you feel comfortable
    enough to build your own system, rather than pay Dell to do it for you?

    SgtMinor, Mar 1, 2004
  5. RDS

    RDS Guest

    I do build my own systems and was using the Dell thing to make a point.

    Not only have I reseated everything but have replaced any components that
    are not HP proprietary to pinpoint the culprit. This has been a good little
    system I for use as a router for my network and was hoping to save a buck if
    anyone knows of a good site/store that offers a replacement board.

    Again, thanks,
    Roger

    RDS, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Is the case a standard layout? My Brios at work are - and I can fit
    anybodies mobo in it. Of course, that means different chipsets, and
    different drivers for Windows. Is it really that important to be the same
    motherboard?

    Tim

    Tim-n-Puppies, Mar 1, 2004
  7. RDS

    RDS Guest

    The power supply connects in two places on the motherboard for this system.
    I tried a standard motherboard and it would not power up due to the lack of
    the second proprietary connection.

    Thanks,
    Roger

    RDS, Mar 1, 2004
  8. RDS

    RDS Guest

    Looks like my best bet is to buy another case and motherboard and use what
    parts I can.

    Thanks for all the answers.

    Roger

    RDS, Mar 1, 2004
  9. RDS

    belmontgate

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Pinout connxns for panel LEDS, HD, Power etc

    Me to, but different, (Sigh). I have the earlier version of the BRIO 410 m/b, the one that takes a PIII chip. I'm trying to put it into a perfectly good old tower case comp with PSU and flyleads for spkr and the above LEDs. Problem, these leads are labelled OK and obviously connect to a narrow strip of about a dozen sharp pins on the mobo but hese are unlabelled. Would some kind soul have any old literature identifying this bank of pins and could inform me? I've drawn a blank from HP - it being obsolete, though they're helpful people No better luck scouring the sites that cater for manuals, incl mobo manuals.
    My only remaining hope is an obliging user who may have hung onto the
    paperwork. (Will be a hoarder like moi............)
    Apart from that the mobo is a good fit in the old Siemens tower, just needing a couple of extra plastic standoffs, and the (single) standard power supplly connector is a bit of a tight fit.
    Many thanks for any help
    T.

    belmontgate, Jan 17, 2009