    Other family had another HP model a few years ago and it was a dog, so I
    then uninstalled the "nice stuff in the systray" and loaded just the
    driver. Any recommendations now before I try this one ?
    - Bobb -, Dec 15, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: HP All-in-Ones sw - anyone ??

    > Anyone installed the software for one of these lately ? The software
    > USED to be a real CPU hog ... anyone know if they're any better now ?
    > Family just got a hand-me-down PSC2175v ( and I gotta hook it up) and
    > I'm debating just installing an XP driver vs downloading the
    > All-in-One sw package and installing all 166mb of it.
    > Other family member had another HP model a few years ago and it was a
    > dog, so I uninstalled the "nice stuff in the systray" and loaded just
    > the driver. Any recommendations now before I try this one ?

    Come on - SOMEONE must have one of these.
    - Bobb -, Dec 16, 2006

  3. - Bobb -

    Grappletech Guest

    Re: HP All-in-Ones sw - anyone ??

    > Come on - SOMEONE must have one of these.

    Can't you just make sure the software isn't running constantly in the
    system tray? That oughta keep it from hogging your RAM. Then just open
    the software up and turn the printer on when you need to print.

    I had an HP PSC model 1210(?) -- the $99 cheapest one. It was great, but
    it only lasted a year. And I baby my hardware too and didn't even use it
    that much. My current printer is a $39 HP el cheapo. It lasted about
    halfway through the first ink cartridge then the mechanism that grabs the
    paper to pull it in for printing started acting up. It still works, but
    you have to give it a gentle push to get it started.

    Every printer I've ever bought has been poorly engineered lameass fragile
    junk. I should buy a used rock solid Okidata 520ML dot matrix. Those
    never die (designed for heavy business use) and the cartridges are cheap.
    It just can't print graphics which is alright,a s I only print text.

    Grappletech, Dec 16, 2006
  4. - Bobb -

    Baron Guest

    Re: HP All-in-Ones sw - anyone ??

    - Bobb - wrote:

    >> Anyone installed the software for one of these lately ? The
    >> software USED to be a real CPU hog ... anyone know if they're any
    >> better now ?
    >> Family just got a hand-me-down PSC2175v ( and I gotta hook it up)
    >> and I'm debating just installing an XP driver vs downloading the
    >> All-in-One sw package and installing all 166mb of it.
    >> Other family member had another HP model a few years ago and it was
    >> a dog, so I uninstalled the "nice stuff in the systray" and loaded
    >> just the driver. Any recommendations now before I try this one ?
    >>

    > Come on - SOMEONE must have one of these.

    Sorry! Still using my 20year old Deskjet 500.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Dec 17, 2006
  5. - Bobb -

    jtees4 Guest

    Re: HP All-in-Ones sw - anyone ??

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:04:04 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    wrote:

    >"- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    >> Anyone installed the software for one of these lately ? The software
    >> USED to be a real CPU hog ... anyone know if they're any better now ?
    >> Family just got a hand-me-down PSC2175v ( and I gotta hook it up) and
    >> I'm debating just installing an XP driver vs downloading the
    >> All-in-One sw package and installing all 166mb of it.
    >> Other family member had another HP model a few years ago and it was a
    >> dog, so I uninstalled the "nice stuff in the systray" and loaded just
    >> the driver. Any recommendations now before I try this one ?
    >>

    >Come on - SOMEONE must have one of these.

    I have an HP all in one. It is about a year old. I always found the
    software to be horrible and yes a big hog. I have had to redo my
    computer a few times over the year and had to reinstall it a few
    times. I think I did use the XP driver once and it worked fine
    although I may have had limited access to scans and such..I don't
    really remember. You should try the XP first. I bought a Lexmark
    printer for work yesterday and the software was so much better. Good
    luck.
    jtees4, Dec 20, 2006
  6. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: HP All-in-Ones sw - anyone ??

    "jtees4" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:04:04 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone installed the software for one of these lately ? The
    >>> software
    >>> USED to be a real CPU hog ... anyone know if they're any better now
    >>> ?
    >>> Family just got a hand-me-down PSC2175v ( and I gotta hook it up)
    >>> and
    >>> I'm debating just installing an XP driver vs downloading the
    >>> All-in-One sw package and installing all 166mb of it.
    >>> Other family member had another HP model a few years ago and it was
    >>> dog, so I uninstalled the "nice stuff in the systray" and loaded
    >>> just
    >>> the driver. Any recommendations now before I try this one ?
    >>>

    >>Come on - SOMEONE must have one of these.

    > I have an HP all in one. It is about a year old. I always found the
    > software to be horrible and yes a big hog. I have had to redo my
    > computer a few times over the year and had to reinstall it a few
    > times. I think I did use the XP driver once and it worked fine
    > although I may have had limited access to scans and such..I don't
    > really remember. You should try the XP first. I bought a Lexmark
    > printer for work yesterday and the software was so much better. Good
    > luck.

    Thanks for the feedback .
    - Bobb -, Dec 20, 2006
  7. - Bobb -

    Bob Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:
    > Anyone installed the software for one of these lately ? The software
    > USED to be a real CPU hog ... anyone know if they're any better now ?
    > Family just got a hand-me-down PSC2175v ( and I gotta hook it up) and
    > I'm debating just installing an XP driver vs downloading the All-in-One
    > sw package and installing all 166mb of it.
    > Other family had another HP model a few years ago and it was a dog, so I
    > then uninstalled the "nice stuff in the systray" and loaded just the
    > driver. Any recommendations now before I try this one ?

    I have 2 HP psc750's for about 5 years now and both are still working
    just fine. I loaded the HP drivers for XP on one and used the XP
    drivers for the other. Don't see any difference in operation between
    the two.

    Bob S.
    Bob, Dec 20, 2006