    have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to list
    the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have purchased new
    ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

    Guest, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Guest

    reid decker Guest

    I have an HP 842c, the same series as yours. It prints beautifully. Try
    going to printer properties if you haven't already. Or clean the contacts
    on the cartridges and the holders. Hope this helps.
    <> wrote in message
    > I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet horizontal

    mass

    reid decker, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Guest

    Bill Purvis Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet

    horizontal mass
    > about an inch or so then the color is not good at all. Is it the

    program, I
    > have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to

    list
    > the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have

    purchased new
    > ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

    Hi Dan
    I have had the 830C for about 4 years now. I have found that only the
    genuine HP cartridges work well with it. I have tried cheaper
    "compatible" cartridges and refilled cartridges but they all gave colour
    problems, some similar to yours.
    I would also suggest going to the HP website and see if there is an up
    to date driver .
    Regards
    Bill

    Bill Purvis, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Guest

    Bill Purvis Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have tried to print photos and they come out with a violet

    horizontal mass
    > about an inch or so then the color is not good at all. Is it the

    program, I
    > have several and each one is about the same crummy result. No need to

    list
    > the print programs as stated above, very poor results, I have

    purchased new
    > ink cartridges, and aligned the printer. Any sugestions, Thanks, Dan

    Have a look here:-

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=uk&product=59868

    Bill Purvis, Apr 22, 2004