    Eyal Guest

    What do you prefer to print pictures - the HP 7960 or the Canon i950 ?
    Maybe something else ...
    Eyal, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Eyal

    Don Guest

    Eyal wrote:

    > What do you prefer to print pictures - the HP 7960 or the Canon i950 ?
    > Maybe something else ...

    I haven't seen any pics from the 7960 but have heard many excellent
    reviews. Especially B&W.

    Don
    Don, Oct 4, 2003

  3. Eyal

    VT Guest

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:14:32 +0200, "Eyal" <>
    wrote:

    >What do you prefer to print pictures - the HP 7960 or the Canon i950 ?
    >Maybe something else ...

    There is a direct comparison at:

    http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/HP 7960/page_5.htm

    from the eye detail - it seems that the HP is still using rectangular
    screening so that the print has a magazine-like artificial quality,
    verses the Canon i950's diffusion (more random) patterning - which
    looks more "natural" somewhat more like film grain - that's for color
    prints.

    But when it comes to black & white the HP 7960 just looks superb -
    and I don't think there is anything on the consumer inkjet photo
    printer market to touch it for the moment.

    But even at $280 lowest street price delivered -
    it may be just a bit prohibitive to consider as a dedicated b&w
    printer.

    However there are other HP photo printers that also use the Photo Gray
    59 ink cartridge - like the HP7660 - which is lower priced at about
    $144 - BUT I am not sure if it is the same b&w quality as the HP7960 -
    does anyone know?

    For the Canon consider the newer Canon i960 -
    even though it's newer and the initial price has not yet settled,
    it is cheaper than the Canon i950.
    --
    Vincent
    remove CLOTHES for e-mail

    http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/
    VT, Oct 14, 2003
  4. I was shocked by the blurring on the Canon i950!

    No wonder it looks smoothed out.

    - Andrys
    --
    http://andrys.com/elph

    Andrys Basten, Oct 15, 2003
  5. I certainly do not detect any blurring on the outputs from my i950.
    The printed images are as sharp as the digital image allows, based on
    critical comparison with other printers and what shows on the CRTs.
    To be completely clear - I only make color prints, not B&W.

    As a guess, your observations suggest poor print head alignment, which
    generally can readily be corrected.

    Olin McDaniel

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:58:32 +0000 (UTC), (Andrys
    Basten) wrote:

    >I was shocked by the blurring on the Canon i950!
    >
    > No wonder it looks smoothed out.
    >

    > - Andrys
    >--
    >http://andrys.com/elph
    >

    >>There is a direct comparison at:
    >>
    >>http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/HP 7960/page_5.htm
    >>
    >>from the eye detail - it seems that the HP is still using rectangular
    >>screening so that the print has a magazine-like artificial quality,
    >>verses the Canon i950's diffusion (more random) patterning - which
    >>looks more "natural" somewhat more like film grain - that's for color
    >>prints printer.

    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
    Olin K. McDaniel, Oct 18, 2003