    PS I am also open for opinions if there is a computer with the specs as
    the HP Pavillion 6200N that comes with Win XP for around the same price,
    the HP Pavillion 6200N is selling for $584.00 at Best Buys.
    chet, Nov 6, 2007

  2. chet

    flambe Guest

    Yes.
    For a dual boot set-up using the Vista boot loader you have to install XP
    first and then install Vista on a second bootable partition. It is one of
    the few things that works well with Vista but comes with the usual Vista
    gotcha: the Vista boot loader is impossible to uninstall, if you decide to
    delete Vista, without formatting the hard drive.
    I do not know if this is possible with the restore discs that come with HPs.
    However, rather than having to remember which hard drive to choose you can
    get a commercial product, that will install itself in the boot sector and
    allow you to choose which OS to boot to automatically after a pause.
    flambe, Nov 6, 2007