    USB2 connection under Windows 2000 Pro?
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Nov 26, 2003

  2. (Pete Cresswell)

    Mike Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've been running this thing through a SCSI connection.
    >
    > Now the SCSI seems TB a liability in a power loss situation (if the SCSI

    device
    > loses power, Windows 2000 gets flukey...and I'd rather not have to hang

    one more
    > device on my UPS).
    >
    > I tried the USB connection and Win didn't find the scanner. Looked at

    the HP
    > site and it seems clear that there's a problem - purportedly fixed by a

    patch
    > that I downloaded and which didn't work for me.
    >
    > Right now, I'm in the process of downloading the entire driver package

    (about 50
    > megs...over a phone line...).
    >
    > Has anybody been here? Is there any hope of getting this thing to work

    over a
    > USB2 connection under Windows 2000 Pro?
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

    Hi Pete,

    I picked up a 6200c at goodwill for 2 bucks, brought it home and had it
    running on usb in 5 min. I've used it on both a W2K and XP Pro system with
    no setup problems. I did download the big file you mention so it may do the
    job for you. Only other thing I can suggest if the new drivers don't do the
    job is make sure you're useing a quality USB cable and don't put it on a
    daisychain of USB devices.

    Mike
    Mike, Nov 27, 2003

  3. (Pete Cresswell)

    dot Guest

    I have it on USB 1 on XP Home. Works fine in my setup.
    dot

    dot, Nov 27, 2003
  4. (Pete Cresswell)

    Jimmy Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I've been running this thing through a SCSI connection.
    >
    > Now the SCSI seems TB a liability in a power loss situation (if the SCSI device
    > loses power, Windows 2000 gets flukey...and I'd rather not have to hang one more
    > device on my UPS).
    >
    > I tried the USB connection and Win didn't find the scanner. Looked at the HP
    > site and it seems clear that there's a problem - purportedly fixed by a patch
    > that I downloaded and which didn't work for me.
    >
    > Right now, I'm in the process of downloading the entire driver package (about 50
    > megs...over a phone line...).
    >
    > Has anybody been here? Is there any hope of getting this thing to work over a
    > USB2 connection under Windows 2000 Pro?
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

    I have the 6200c and have not had any luck getting it to connect via USB interface. I have loaded
    and reloaded drivers, software, and patches for Win98SE, W2000, and now WinXP. Two computers and
    three operating systems later, I finally gave up and continue to connect the scanner via the SCSI
    card.
    Jimmy, Nov 27, 2003
  5. RE/
    >I have the 6200c and have not had any luck getting it to connect via USB interface. I have loaded
    >and reloaded drivers, software, and patches for Win98SE, W2000, and now WinXP. Two computers and
    >three operating systems later, I finally gave up and continue to connect the scanner via the SCSI
    >card.

    I got it working.

    First try was via the CD that came with the scanner.

    Second try was applying the USB patch over top of the CD's install.

    Third try was the charm: I downloaded the 50-meg lastest-and-greatest install
    from HP's website and then overlayed it with the USB patch.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (Pete Cresswell), Nov 27, 2003
  6. (Pete Cresswell)