    This lockout has just occurred. Any suggs?

    -ChrisCoaster

    , Mar 11, 2012

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I checked all settings under "Management" > Power management, sleep,etc. to no avail.
    > I even tried unplugging monitor and repowering it, still the same. Monitor is both
    > "used/new" - bought it last month via Amazon. Seller did indicate that monitor "has
    > been unpackaged for testing". Otherwise monitor looks and sounds fine, does what it's
    > supposed to do.
    >
    > This lockout has just occurred. Any suggs?
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    Sez here, to hold down the monitor power button for "25-30 seconds".

    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/POWER-BUTTON-LOCKOUT/td-p/59866

    Same thing mentioned here. Almost like it's "kid proofing".

    http://h200003.www2.hp.com/bizsuppo...=3648453&prodTypeId=382087&objectID=c01508108

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 11, 2012

  3. Guest

    Thanks Paul! As usual you ARE alt.computer. Next time I will buy a 'stickered' monitor(new in-store or direct from mfg). Problem is, like velcro sneakers monitors with built-in speakers are being phased out. WTF? #1 I can never tie/untie shoes without getting the "perfect knot" and #2, I DON'T need two extra boxes cluttering up my PC desk. If I need full-range sound there is a fullsized set of cans sitting right next to the monitor where a spkr wouldn't fit. LOL!

    -CC

    , Mar 12, 2012