HP 2.5GH Windows XP media center edition 640 MB ram boots to welcome screen, freezes for a while and

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Knowledge, Sep 23, 2007.

  1. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    Allo Chaps,

    This computer is really showin it's arse! When I turned it off and
    rebooted into "The last known good
    configuration this is what perspired:

    The computer booted up to the XP
    PRO screen and then rebooted. Then it sat on the XP Pro screen with
    the flag and the words "Media Center Edition" for about 15 minutes
    with the little blue thingies moving from left to right.

    Now the screen has gone black and there seems to be no activity in
    the CPU. Nothing is flashing there.

    Now, it has rebooted again and the Black screen with the Windows XP
    stuff is on again. The hard drive is spinning, but it still hasn't
    booted all the way up.

    This process has been going on for about 20 minutes now. 1821

    1823

    It rebooted again? Screen is dark. Nothing happening.

    1825
    blue welcome screen appears and then it immediately went to black
    again.

    1826 computer starts from the beginning. Blue HP screen and now back
    to Black Windows XP Media Center Edition screen with the flags.

    1831

    Computer rebooted again screen dark.

    1833
    Booting up blue screen briefly, now screen dark.

    1841 Screen still
    black?..........................................1846 screen still
    black no cpu activity noticeable.

    1903 Screen still dark. Apparently it is not going to boot back to
    the Windows XP PRO screen this time. So I'm sending out this help
    message.

    Aiuto mi! per piacere.
    Knowledge, Sep 23, 2007

  2. Knowledge wrote:

    > Allo Chaps,
    >
    > This computer is really showin it's arse! When I turned it off and
    > rebooted into "The last known good
    > configuration this is what perspired:

    Age? Still warranty?

    > 1903 Screen still dark. Apparently it is not going to boot back to
    > the Windows XP PRO screen this time. So I'm sending out this help
    > message.
    >
    > Aiuto mi! per piacere.

    Tried safe mode?
    From your description, it may be a hardware failure (hd drive?) as well as