    I have tried post-script and it doesnt make any difference, and it
    wasn't really an option to do anyway as some of our apps balk on PS drivers.

    Any suggestions anyone?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Lanmeister Guest

    Could be an IP Conflict

    Lanmeister

    Lanmeister, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Any suggestions anyone?

    Yep....I'll replay one of your suggestions at you. Whip the covers off
    it and reseat the RAM!

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    S Roby Guest

    Try printing directly to it (via the printer port)
    Try HP LJ Series 2 driver (to see if its a driver issue)
    S Roby, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    TEX Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > I(my work) have an HP LJ 1300N printer(PCL5e or 6), connected via an
    > external HP Jetdirect.
    >
    > All *was* working fine until ~1 week ago.
    >
    > Now it seems to be changing fonts, changing character sets(greek and
    > still spelling it correctly), and a few other things like not printing
    > tables from word etc...
    >
    > I've tried changing the drivers, changing driver versions, and it hasn't
    > made a difference.
    > I have tried post-script and it doesnt make any difference, and it
    > wasn't really an option to do anyway as some of our apps balk on PS
    > drivers.
    >
    > Any suggestions anyone?

    Check the emulation mode on the external jet direct. From memory it will
    change through the modes by holding the button down and waiting for it
    to traverse through the modes. The mode which is set will print out on
    the test page. Modes are something like -> ascii->pcl5->hppcl->something
    else. No every well documented in the manual though.

    Easy way to test is connect printer directly to comp and see if it is a
    driver/printer/or jet direct problem.

    TEX
    TEX, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    TEX wrote:

    > Check the emulation mode on the external jet direct. From memory it will
    > change through the modes by holding the button down and waiting for it
    > to traverse through the modes. The mode which is set will print out on
    > the test page. Modes are something like -> ascii->pcl5->hppcl->something
    > else. No every well documented in the manual though.

    The mode only changes the printer language it prints it's test page in,
    nothing else so it won't have any effect.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Lanmeister wrote:
    > Could be an IP Conflict

    could you explain how?
    I just dont see how an IP conflict could ever cause this problem.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 25, 2004
  8. EMB wrote:
    >> Any suggestions anyone?

    > Yep....I'll replay one of your suggestions at you. Whip the covers off
    > it and reseat the RAM!

    It has no added ram, only the original stuff.
    and that can't be easily whipped off the "motherboard".
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 25, 2004
  9. S Roby wrote:
    > Try printing directly to it (via the printer port)
    > Try HP LJ Series 2 driver (to see if its a driver issue)

    It's a USB one but I'll give it a go.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 25, 2004
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    TEX Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > TEX wrote:
    >
    >> Check the emulation mode on the external jet direct. From memory it
    >> will change through the modes by holding the button down and waiting
    >> for it to traverse through the modes. The mode which is set will print
    >> out on the test page. Modes are something like ->
    >> ascii->pcl5->hppcl->something else. No every well documented in the
    >> manual though.

    > The mode only changes the printer language it prints it's test page in,
    > nothing else so it won't have any effect.
    >
    >> Easy way to test is connect printer directly to comp and see if it is
    >> a driver/printer/or jet direct problem.
    >>
    >> TEX

    I was sure it did have an affect on the printer, as have previously had
    a few situations in which the printer would not work correctly (as in
    the default decribed), and changing the language corrected the fault.
    Otherwise I would have thought it would be stupid for the unit to print
    the test page using different languages. I know that we could not get
    several epson inkjet printers to work off an external HP jetdirect
    unless the language was set to ASCII.

    TEX
    TEX, Nov 26, 2004
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    TEX wrote:

    > I was sure it did have an affect on the printer, as have previously had
    > a few situations in which the printer would not work correctly (as in
    > the default decribed), and changing the language corrected the fault.
    > Otherwise I would have thought it would be stupid for the unit to print
    > the test page using different languages. I know that we could not get
    > several epson inkjet printers to work off an external HP jetdirect
    > unless the language was set to ASCII.

    That's bizarre - I look after several Jetdirects set for PCL test page
    that run auto switching printers that are addressed in PCL, PS and HP-GL
    without problems. I also have clients with various dot matrix printers
    running off multi-port Jetdirects that are *not* set to ASCII.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Nov 26, 2004