    Now I am really confused... is the Pro1 line a digital line... is there a
    Pro1 and a Pro1 D line... is there really no difference other than
    packaging... HELP... not sure what to do.
    Mike Jenkins, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Mike Jenkins

    Cgiorgio Guest

    There is no such thing as a digital optical filter, so keep it unless it is
    more expensive than the "digital" version.

    Cgiorgio, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Mike Jenkins

    Steve Guest

    Also, as long as its a circular polarizer rather than linear you'll be fine.

    Steve, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Mike Jenkins

    Mike Jenkins Guest

    "Steve @verizon.net>" <Steve<rmv ths> wrote in message
    > Also, as long as its a circular polarizer rather than linear you'll be
    > fine.
    >

    > "Cgiorgio" <> wrote in message
    >> There is no such thing as a digital optical filter, so keep it unless it
    >> is more expensive than the "digital" version.

    The price is about the same.... it just that at this amount of money, I want
    to make sure I best thing possible. What got me concern was this response
    from Hoya...

    "It would be best to get the pro 1 Digital. The polarizing foil is
    balanced for digital capture. The Pro 1 super will cause a cyan color
    shift under some lighting conditions.

    The super does created a more saturated look, but it is very easy to
    increase the color saturation in most image editing programs."

    Any truth to this?

    A friend was placing an order for a filter, so asked them about this. Here
    is the great response he got...

    "The Pro 1 D filter have had the multi-coatings upgraded to perform better
    with todays DSLR cameras. The S-HMC Pro 1 filters have the older coatings
    (but that is not to say they are any less effective). The only advantages
    the Pro 1 D has over the older Pro 1 filters is the knurled edged frame, the
    black rimmed glass, and the UV protected case.

    If you are not worried about the $$ you are going to spend (the Pro 1 D
    filters are priced less than the S-HMC Pro 1 filters), I would recommend
    buying the S-HMC Pro 1 filters, as the 99.7% light transmission will lead to
    better photos (honestly, it is hardly noticeable, but the difference IS
    there). "

    Mike Jenkins, Jan 25, 2007