    I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which has two
    RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I connect all three
    analogue telephones to share ATA?

    dmitri, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Re: HOWTO connect my all (three) BT extension sockets to a single ATA( with FSX and PSTN)?

    Thus spaketh dmitri:
    > I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
    > has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
    > connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

    Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two
    extension sockets to the master socket.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 5, 2007

  3. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    Re: HOWTO connect my all (three) BT extension sockets to a single ATA( with FSX and PSTN)?

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
    > Thus spaketh dmitri:
    >> I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
    >> has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
    >> connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

    > Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two extension
    > sockets to the master socket.

    BT Master to Gateway.

    Gateway to BT Extension wiring.

    Job done

    Jono, Feb 5, 2007
  4. dmitri

    dmitri Guest

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:30:14 +0000, Jono wrote:

    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
    >> Thus spaketh dmitri:
    >>> I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which
    >>> has two RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I
    >>> connect all three analogue telephones to share ATA?

    >> Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two extension
    >> sockets to the master socket.

    > BT Master to Gateway.
    >
    > Gateway to BT Extension wiring.
    >
    > Job done

    Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?

    dmitri, Feb 5, 2007
  5. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    dmitri wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:30:14 +0000, Jono wrote:
    >
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
    >>> Thus spaketh dmitri:
    >>>

    >>> Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two extension
    >>> sockets to the master socket.

    >> BT Master to Gateway.
    >>
    >> Gateway to BT Extension wiring.
    >>
    >> Job done

    > Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?

    BT Master==>Microfilter==>Gateway==>Exten wiring

    |========>Router

    Yes, you need to fiddle with wires. Presumably you have an rj-ll socket
    on your Gateway, which has an adapter to allow you to plug a normal
    phone in..?

    Replace this adapter with (try) an old modem lead - cut one end off, &
    use the bare end to connect to the blue extension wires behind your
    master socket - make sure you disconnect them from the master first -
    then plug the other end into your Gateway phone port.

    You will also be able to do away with all other microfilters too - apart
    from the one at the master.

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007
  6. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    Jono wrote:

    >> Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?

    > BT Master==>Microfilter==>Gateway==>Exten wiring
    > |
    > |========>Router

    For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look right after posting

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007
  7. dmitri

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >

    > > > Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to
    > > > fiddle with wires?

    > > BT Master==>Microfilter==>Gateway==>Exten wiring
    > > |
    > > |========>Router
    > >

    > For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look
    > right after posting

    You were right the first time. The router should, although it's actually
    unfiltered, be plugged into the relevant socket on the filter (assuming
    from the OP's post a separate one rather than a faceplate).

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 6, 2007
  8. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    Re: HOWTO connect my all (three) BT extension sockets to a single ATA( with FSX and PSTN)?

    Ivor Jones explained on 06/02/2007 :

    > "Jono" <> wrote in message

    >> > BT Master==>Microfilter==>Gateway==>Exten wiring
    >> > |
    >> > |========>Router
    >> >

    >> For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look
    >> right after posting

    > You were right the first time. The router should, although it's actually
    > unfiltered, be plugged into the relevant socket on the filter (assuming from
    > the OP's post a separate one rather than a faceplate).
    >
    > Ivor

    It was an early start for me! Tired eyes & all that.

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007