Hows woosh looking guys

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Peter, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi

    I am curious for any reports about woosh.

    Its it good value for money. ?

    Does it really work?

    Will xtra have a similar service. ?

    do you think there will be a price war...?

    Cheers

    Peter

    Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
    http://www.etchpad.com/

    Peter, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Peter

    T.N.O. Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Its it good value for money. ?

    Look reasonable.

    > Does it really work?

    Seems to, havent seen or heard any complaints.

    > Will xtra have a similar service. ?

    Wireless? doubt it, 256K, they do, but it sucks because of the caps
    imposed, will it get better, only time will tell.

    > do you think there will be a price war...?

    not unless woosh get very very popular.

    T.N.O., Nov 18, 2003

  3. Peter

    Mark. Guest

    IMO, if the local loop is unbundled, Woosh will go under or be bought
    out within 2 years, depending on how quickly they cut costs i.e. layoffs.

    If the loop is not unbundled then Woosh will expand slowly, whilst
    keeping speeds and caps low, in effect creating another Telecom that is
    happy with maintaining the status quo of price gouging.

    Mark., Nov 18, 2003
  4. Peter

    steve Guest

    Mark. allegedly said:

    > IMO, if the local loop is unbundled, Woosh will go under or be bought
    > out within 2 years, depending on how quickly they cut costs i.e. layoffs.
    >
    > If the loop is not unbundled then Woosh will expand slowly, whilst
    > keeping speeds and caps low, in effect creating another Telecom that is
    > happy with maintaining the status quo of price gouging.

    Woosh would move into the local loop......and supplement/extend it with
    radio.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers

    steve, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Peter

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:54:17 +1300, steve wrote:

    > Woosh would move into the local loop......and supplement/extend it with
    > radio.

    Agreed this may will happen. Woosh is a company, not a technology.

    Gordon, Nov 19, 2003