How's this for a tech-support solution? :)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by techie, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. techie

    techie Guest

    Here's one to tickle your funny bone:

    http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5099884.html

    "A few consumers have complained to Symantec that the
    U.S. and British versions of a package that includes
    Norton Antivirus 2004, Norton Internet Security 2004,
    Norton Antispam 2004 and Norton SystemWorks 2004
    mistakenly asks for a product activation code every
    time a PC is rebooted. Eventually, the software informs
    the consumers that they have reached the activation
    limit and the software will cease to function."

    <snip>

    "Smith said the problem has not been easy to locate and
    asked the consumers to go to the company's site and run
    the Symantec Automated Support Assistant to submit data
    on their particular PC. He also recommended that
    customers who encounter the problem not restart their
    computers."

    Smith ought to go into tech support. :)

    techie, Oct 31, 2003

  2. techie

    T.N.O. Guest

    techie wrote:

    > Here's one to tickle your funny bone:
    >
    > http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5099884.html

    "He also recommended that customers who encounter the problem not
    restart their computers."

    doesnt sound like a customer service like thing to say...

    T.N.O., Oct 31, 2003

  3. techie

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > techie wrote:
    >
    > > Here's one to tickle your funny bone:
    > >
    > > http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5099884.html

    > "He also recommended that customers who encounter the problem not
    > restart their computers."
    >
    > doesnt sound like a customer service like thing to say...

    Reminds me of a customer I had. She came in to buy a tel cord for her modem.
    I asked if she had lost hers.Apparently she had been having connection
    issues and after spending 45 mins talking an Xtra helpdesk 'person', the
    helpdesk 'person' had deduced that her tel cord had become too long so she
    needed a new one.

    I asked how long it had grown in the 3 years she had been using it :)
    She doesnt bother ringing Xtra anymore for help LOL

    Rider

    Rider, Oct 31, 2003
  4. techie

    techie Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:26:41 -0600, T.N.O. wrote:

    > techie wrote:
    >
    >> Here's one to tickle your funny bone:
    >>
    >> http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5099884.html

    > "He also recommended that customers who encounter the problem not
    > restart their computers."
    >
    > doesnt sound like a customer service like thing to say...

    Must be in management. :)

    Maybe Symantec should post a VIRUS ALERT on their website:

    Virus: DRM.soDo-we.symantec

    Variants: DRM.we0wnU.microsoft, DRM.weDo2.intuit

    OS Affected: MS Windows

    user to install this trojan on their system.
    On some systems the trojan then interferes
    with the boot process, forcing the user to
    respond to a dialog each time Windows is
    restarted.

    If infected: No cure is currently known. However you can
    prevent further difficulties by never
    restarting Windows.

    Avoidance: Use a good antivirus program. We suggest Norton
    Antivirus...

    --

    techie, Oct 31, 2003