    other drive be lost too?

    In other words, do XP and 2003 make sure not splitting and
    putting a big file in two drives?
    Dandelion, Jun 18, 2006

  2. inline ...

    "Dandelion" <> wrote in message
    news:4495d4c1$0$2027$...
    >A new drive can be mounted as a folder on another drive in XP or
    > 2003.

    Correct

    >If one of the drive becomes bad, would the data on the
    > other drive be lost too?

    No. Creating a mount point does *not* "span" or "stripe" a drive, it simply
    allows a drive to appear as a folder in Explorer.

    > In other words, do XP and 2003 make sure not splitting and
    > putting a big file in two drives?

    Lost me here, sorry. If you place a file into the folder (the mount point
    created above) then it resides on that drive only. Yes, you can see it by
    going to c:\{mounted drive name} but it physically exists on the second hard
    drive.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver