    movie. Is there any info on the 2 angles, I've tried to check a few reviews
    but no one mentions the additional angle.
    Thx in advance

    Bratboy, Apr 5, 2006

  2. Bratboy wrote:

    > Well was going to rip my retail set to have a "clean" movie disc. By this I
    > mean removing all the promo and preveiw crap Disney just loves to add. When
    > I put a disc in I want to see the movie not a bunch of ads. Anyway loaded it
    > up in shrink and discovered there are actually 2 angles avail of the actual
    > movie. Is there any info on the 2 angles, I've tried to check a few reviews
    > but no one mentions the additional angle.

    Japanese and English credits--
    You get what you pay for.

    Derek Janssen (whose Menu-button thumb works nicely, thank you)

    Derek Janssen, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Bratboy

    Andrew Venor Guest

    Bratboy wrote:

    > Well was going to rip my retail set to have a "clean" movie disc. By this I
    > mean removing all the promo and preveiw crap Disney just loves to add. When
    > I put a disc in I want to see the movie not a bunch of ads. Anyway loaded it
    > up in shrink and discovered there are actually 2 angles avail of the actual
    > movie. Is there any info on the 2 angles, I've tried to check a few reviews
    > but no one mentions the additional angle.
    > Thx in advance

    I don't know about any 2nd angles but the Howl's DVD have the feature
    where you can view the movies story boards set to the music and dialog
    tract. That might be what you're finding.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Bratboy

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote in message
    > Well was going to rip my retail set to have a "clean" movie disc. By
    > this I mean removing all the promo and preveiw crap Disney just loves
    > to add. When I put a disc in I want to see the movie not a bunch of
    > ads. Anyway loaded it up in shrink and discovered there are actually 2
    > angles avail of the actual movie. Is there any info on the 2 angles,
    > I've tried to check a few reviews but no one mentions the additional
    > angle.
    > Thx in advance

    The movie's opening and end credits appear in either the original
    Japanese text or modified English text depending on which language
    option you choose in the audio menu. The footage is stored using the
    alternate angle function.

    Joshua Zyber, Apr 6, 2006
  5. Bratboy

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <Z2YYf.982$>, Joshua
    Zyber <> wrote:

    > "Bratboy" <> wrote in message
    > > Well was going to rip my retail set to have a "clean" movie disc. By
    > > this I mean removing all the promo and preveiw crap Disney just loves
    > > to add. When I put a disc in I want to see the movie not a bunch of
    > > ads. Anyway loaded it up in shrink and discovered there are actually 2
    > > angles avail of the actual movie. Is there any info on the 2 angles,
    > > I've tried to check a few reviews but no one mentions the additional
    > > angle.
    > > Thx in advance

    > The movie's opening and end credits appear in either the original
    > Japanese text or modified English text depending on which language
    > option you choose in the audio menu. The footage is stored using the
    > alternate angle function.

    Disney does this for all their titles. Watch "Lady and the Tramp" in
    French and you get French opening credtis.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Apr 6, 2006
  6. Bratboy

    Bratboy Guest

    "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote in message
    > "Bratboy" <> wrote in message
    >> Well was going to rip my retail set to have a "clean" movie disc. By this
    >> I mean removing all the promo and preveiw crap Disney just loves to add.
    >> When I put a disc in I want to see the movie not a bunch of ads. Anyway
    >> loaded it up in shrink and discovered there are actually 2 angles avail
    >> of the actual movie. Is there any info on the 2 angles, I've tried to
    >> check a few reviews but no one mentions the additional angle.
    >> Thx in advance

    > The movie's opening and end credits appear in either the original Japanese
    > text or modified English text depending on which language option you
    > choose in the audio menu. The footage is stored using the alternate angle
    > function.

    Ah thx.For some reason, as far as I can tell, the case doesnt really explain
    the feature. Thx again for clearing the mystery for me, Ive seen so few
    DVD's that actually use Angles, My X-men & Akira set are some of the few
    I've bought that did so was just suprised to even see an angle2 hehe. Kind
    of figured the idea of putting them to use had died. I'd actually like to
    see more dvd's come out with angles. For example I personally think it would
    be interesting to have DVD's like the Harry Potter ones with an option via
    angle of actually watching the deleted scenes inserted into the film.

    Bratboy, Apr 6, 2006
  7. Bratboy

    Jay G. Guest

    On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:18:21 -0600, Bratboy wrote:

    > I'd actually like to
    > see more dvd's come out with angles. For example I personally think it would
    > be interesting to have DVD's like the Harry Potter ones with an option via
    > angle of actually watching the deleted scenes inserted into the film.

    That's not altenate angles, that's seamless branching. Alternate Angles
    only work when you're replacing something of the same length in the main
    video angle, e.g. credits in an alternate language.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Apr 7, 2006