How?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:54:46 -0500, "Fran Carroll"
    <> wrote:

    >Since signing up with Earthlink.net

    Mistake #1.

    >I have not received any email on the Outlook Express site.

    Outlook Express - Mistake #2.

    >Why

    Because you've provided no details.

    >and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    No.

    Contact Earthlink. Hint: This group isn't them.

    Evan Platt, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Evan Platt

    Ben Myers Guest

    "Fran Carroll" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on the
    > Outlook Express site.
    > Why and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    See http://support.earthlink.net/

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Evan Platt

    Vanguard Guest

    > Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on
    > the Outlook Express site.
    > Why and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    Outlook Express is not a "site".
    Talk to Earthlink. You're paying them. So call their tech support.
    Or you could go read their help web pages.

    Vanguard, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Evan Platt

    Fran Carroll Guest

    Fran Carroll, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Evan Platt

    Tester Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on the
    >Outlook Express site.
    >Why and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    We ain't your ISP.

    Do you have your POP setting right? Are you getting any error
    messages? Can you get mail at Earthlink's webmail sight?

    I was a customer of an ISP which merged into Earthlink. I believe your
    POP3 server (where you get your mail) is pop.earthlink.net on port 110
    (this is the default port) and you DON'T want secure connections.

    I tried starting to send mail directly to your incoming mail server
    but EL won't accept mail directly from end-user IP's.

    Tester, Aug 23, 2007
  6. Tester wrote:

    > Can you get mail at Earthlink's webmail sight?

    That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 23, 2007
  7. Fran Carroll wrote:
    > Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on the
    > Outlook Express site.

    What the hell is an "Outlook Express site"?

    > Why and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    Sorry. I won't be able to get to this until next month.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  8. Vanguard wrote:
    > "Fran Carroll" wrote in message
    >> Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on
    >> the Outlook Express site.
    >> Why and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    > Outlook Express is not a "site".
    > Talk to Earthlink. You're paying them. So call their tech support.
    > Or you could go read their help web pages.

    Meanwhile: DING! DING! Post enshrined!

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  9. Evan Platt

    Richard Guest

    > Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on the
    > Outlook Express site.

    Perhaps nobody likes you.

    Richard, Aug 23, 2007
  10. Evan Platt

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> "Fran Carroll" wrote in message
    >>> Since signing up with Earthlink.net I have not received any email on
    >>> the Outlook Express site.
    >>> Why and will you straighten this out ASAP?

    >> Outlook Express is not a "site".
    >> Talk to Earthlink. You're paying them. So call their tech support.
    >> Or you could go read their help web pages.

    > Meanwhile: DING! DING! Post enshrined!
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

    Well, it /could/ have been more rude <g>! But definately got a chuckle :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007
  11. Evan Platt

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > Tester wrote:
    >
    >> Can you get mail at Earthlink's webmail sight?

    > That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)

    IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007
  12. WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Tester wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can you get mail at Earthlink's webmail sight?

    >> That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)
    >>

    > IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    > interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    You didn't indicate you got the joke... <g>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2007
  13. WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> Tester wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can you get mail at Earthlink's webmail sight?

    >> That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)
    >>

    > IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    > interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    I've been using their "beta" mail for months. Got tired of trying to POP
    my mail from so many different locations. Now they've gone to unlimited
    storage on free accounts, and with Flashblock and Adblock the interface
    is quite tolerable.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 24, 2007
  14. Evan Platt

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > WhzzKdd wrote:

    >>> That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)
    >>>

    >> IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    >> interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    > You didn't indicate you got the joke... <g>

    Oh yeah - loved it :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007
  15. Evan Platt

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message

    >>> That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)
    >>>

    >> IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    >> interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    > I've been using their "beta" mail for months. Got tired of trying to POP
    > my mail from so many different locations. Now they've gone to unlimited
    > storage on free accounts, and with Flashblock and Adblock the interface is
    > quite tolerable.

    Agreed. I don't have Flashblock though. Maybe I ought to look into that.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007
  16. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Vanguard wrote:
    >>> "Fran Carroll" wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Outlook Express is not a "site".
    >>> Talk to Earthlink. You're paying them. So call their tech support.
    >>> Or you could go read their help web pages.

    >> Meanwhile: DING! DING! Post enshrined!
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html
    >>

    > Well, it /could/ have been more rude <g>! But definately got a chuckle :)

    Yeah, it's not up to my usual high standards, but that section is rather
    small. It may not survive the next culling. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 24, 2007
  17. WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> Tester wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can you get mail at Earthlink's webmail sight?

    >> That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)
    >>

    > IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    > interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    Dialup here. The YM beta is huuuuuge. :) I use the old one for the
    couple of Y accounts I have from years ago, but just started accessing
    them with a Chunderbird extension so I don't have to deal with *any*
    clunky webmail interface.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 24, 2007
  18. FF and TB Extensions Lister/Lists (was Re: How?)

    WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    >>> interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    >> I've been using their "beta" mail for months. Got tired of trying to
    >> POP my mail from so many different locations. Now they've gone to
    >> unlimited storage on free accounts, and with Flashblock and Adblock
    >> the interface is quite tolerable.

    > Agreed. I don't have Flashblock though. Maybe I ought to look into
    > that.

    Hey, speaking of extensions for the moz programs, I just discovered a
    nifty little jobber that creates a list of installed extensions and will
    dump it as a text file or an HTML file (with links to the extensions'
    home pages, if desired), or stick it on your clipboard. I already had a
    page at blinkynet that listed my favorite extensions, but it was way,
    way out of date. So I dumped an HTML list from this extension into that
    page and Bob was my uncle. He still is! :) It's a neat little
    extension for sharing and discussion. If anyone is interested in it,
    it's listed in the list it created. :) Here:

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/tbext.html (Thunderbird)
    http://blinkynet.net/comp/ffext.html (Firefox)

    DISCLAIMER: I'm *far* from hot on TB; I'll only recommend it over OE.
    But I decided to use it for the mozilla.org groups (and I'm a confessed
    news client junkie <g>), so I recently got it going well enough - with
    lots of extensions - to be usable. To keep my "Killing all posts from
    Google Groups" claim in my sig true, I had to install local news servers
    for both Linux (leafnode) and Windows (Hamster) to do the killing *for*
    Thunderbird because its own filtering abilities are brain-dead,
    being limited to From, Subject and Date fields.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 24, 2007
  19. It was on, or about, Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:50:47 +0000, that as I was

    http://www.pbase.com/image/64960658

    William Poaster, Aug 24, 2007
  20. Evan Platt

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in message

    >>> That's a site for sore eyes, isn't it? :)
    >>>

    >> IMO, most webmail sites are. But I've actually begun to like the new
    >> interface Yahoo! mail has in beta.

    > Dialup here. The YM beta is huuuuuge. :) I use the old one for the
    > couple of Y accounts I have from years ago, but just started accessing
    > them with a Chunderbird extension so I don't have to deal with *any*
    > clunky webmail interface.

    Yeah - I bet it is overwhelming to a dial-up. I'll have to remember not to
    set that up on Mom's PC :)

    WhzzKdd, Aug 24, 2007