how

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JuanMa, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. JuanMa

    JuanMa Guest

    "gina_thompson" <> wrote in

    > ok so if u delete mail where does it go and how can i find it? i
    > had a person mail me that was rude and i guess an enemy so how can
    > i retrive this so if i need it for future ref, i can keep it?

    Greetings.

    What email client are you using? Outlook Express?
    Check in your deleted items folder to see if it is still there.

    Take care.

    Juan
    JuanMa, Jul 8, 2003

  2. ok so if u delete mail where does it go and how can i find it? i had a
    gina_thompson, Jul 8, 2003

  3. JuanMa

    Michael Guest

    gina_thompson wrote:

    > ok so if u delete mail where does it go and how can i find it? i had a
    > person mail me that was rude and i guess an enemy so how can i
    > retrive this so if i need it for future ref, i can keep it?

    In Outlook Express, it goes to your Deleted Items folder (it's in the left
    pane of the OE window if you have Folder View enabled) ... and if you
    haven't emptied that folder (and if you don't have OE set to empty it every
    time you close the program,) that's where you'll find it.

    If you have (or OE has) emptied that folder since you deleted the offending
    message, it's gone. Real gone.

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 8, 2003
  4. JuanMa

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:44:02 -0700, In this world we created "Michael"
    <> wrote :

    >gina_thompson wrote:
    >
    >> ok so if u delete mail where does it go and how can i find it? i had a
    >> person mail me that was rude and i guess an enemy so how can i
    >> retrive this so if i need it for future ref, i can keep it?

    >In Outlook Express, it goes to your Deleted Items folder (it's in the left
    >pane of the OE window if you have Folder View enabled) ... and if you
    >haven't emptied that folder (and if you don't have OE set to empty it every
    >time you close the program,) that's where you'll find it.
    >
    >If you have (or OE has) emptied that folder since you deleted the offending
    >message, it's gone. Real gone.

    Actually the body of the message may still exist even after deletion
    in OE contained in the .mbx/.dbx files which can be opened
    with,"Wordpad".
    To fully remove all deleted messages in OE use/File/Folders/Compact
    all folders.this will also stop the system slowing down if the
    databases have become too big as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 8, 2003
  5. JuanMa

    Michael Guest

    Shep© wrote:

    > On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:44:02 -0700, In this world we created "Michael"
    > <> wrote :
    >
    >> gina_thompson wrote:
    >>
    >>> ok so if u delete mail where does it go and how can i find it? i
    >>> had a person mail me that was rude and i guess an enemy so how can i
    >>> retrive this so if i need it for future ref, i can keep it?

    >> In Outlook Express, it goes to your Deleted Items folder (it's in
    >> the left pane of the OE window if you have Folder View enabled) ...
    >> and if you haven't emptied that folder (and if you don't have OE set
    >> to empty it every time you close the program,) that's where you'll
    >> find it.
    >>
    >> If you have (or OE has) emptied that folder since you deleted the
    >> offending message, it's gone. Real gone.

    > Actually the body of the message may still exist even after deletion
    > in OE contained in the .mbx/.dbx files which can be opened
    > with,"Wordpad".
    > To fully remove all deleted messages in OE use/File/Folders/Compact
    > all folders.this will also stop the system slowing down if the
    > databases have become too big as per,
    > http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    > HTH :)

    Good point... though most people seem (why? because) to have "Compact
    messages in the background" turned on.

    Incidentally... compacting's gone awry recently for me. When asked to
    compact messages, it works OK until it tries to compact the OE "Folders"
    file, but of course, it's *using* the folders file, so it conks out and
    refuses to process other stuff.

    Hints? :)

    ((U))
    "Other than 'get a real newsreader', I mean. <G>"
    Michael, Jul 8, 2003
  6. JuanMa

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:29:33 -0700, In this world we created "Michael"
    <> wrote :

    >Shep© wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:44:02 -0700, In this world we created "Michael"
    >> <> wrote :

    >>> In Outlook Express, it goes to your Deleted Items folder (it's in
    >>> the left pane of the OE window if you have Folder View enabled) ...
    >>> and if you haven't emptied that folder (and if you don't have OE set
    >>> to empty it every time you close the program,) that's where you'll
    >>> find it.
    >>>
    >>> If you have (or OE has) emptied that folder since you deleted the
    >>> offending message, it's gone. Real gone.

    >> Actually the body of the message may still exist even after deletion
    >> in OE contained in the .mbx/.dbx files which can be opened
    >> with,"Wordpad".
    >> To fully remove all deleted messages in OE use/File/Folders/Compact
    >> all folders.this will also stop the system slowing down if the
    >> databases have become too big as per,
    >> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    >> HTH :)

    >Good point... though most people seem (why? because) to have "Compact
    >messages in the background" turned on.
    >
    >Incidentally... compacting's gone awry recently for me. When asked to
    >compact messages, it works OK until it tries to compact the OE "Folders"
    >file, but of course, it's *using* the folders file, so it conks out and
    >refuses to process other stuff.
    >
    >Hints? :)

    Make sure no panes are open IIRC.

    >((U))
    >"Other than 'get a real newsreader', I mean. <G>"

    Heh.Heh :O)
    http://gravity.tbates.org/start1.html
    free
    and for mail,
    http://10xshooters.com/calypso-free/
    Much better than OE which can then be removed.
    This will increase system security as there's no window's .wab for
    worms to get at and saving all e-mail data in Calypso is a breeze as
    it's all held in one easy to back up mailbox file :O)
    Note Calypso comes with a built in Spillchickler :O

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 8, 2003