How wonderful .... A place that Ships DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Lester Bangs, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. Lester Bangs

    Lester Bangs Guest

    I'm a little chuffed...

    After the nightmare of DVDSoon (yes I know I should not of gone back), its
    nice be able to
    order a DVD and actually have the damn thing legitimately shipped ...

    A wonderful email just arrived.....

    Greetings Lester Bangs from DVD Pacific.
    We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID I4xxxxxx
    today.
    This invoice contains:
    1 | Band Of Brothers
    1 | Kingdom Of Heaven: 4 Disc Director's Cut

    This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our warehouse
    within the next 24 hours.
    Thanks for shopping at DVD Pacific, and we hope to see you again soon.

    No Thank You DVD Pacific. I am staying put now.

    Cheers

    Lester Bangs
    "I was Almost Famous once"

    Lester Bangs, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Lester Bangs

    Adrian A Guest

    Lester Bangs wrote:
    > I'm a little chuffed...
    >
    > After the nightmare of DVDSoon (yes I know I should not of gone
    > back), its nice be able to
    > order a DVD and actually have the damn thing legitimately shipped ...
    >
    > A wonderful email just arrived.....
    >
    > Greetings Lester Bangs from DVD Pacific.
    > We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID
    > I4xxxxxx today.
    > This invoice contains:
    > 1 | Band Of Brothers
    > 1 | Kingdom Of Heaven: 4 Disc Director's Cut
    >
    > This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our
    > warehouse within the next 24 hours.
    > Thanks for shopping at DVD Pacific, and we hope to see you again soon.
    >
    > No Thank You DVD Pacific. I am staying put now.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Lester Bangs
    > "I was Almost Famous once"

    I don't buy very many discs these days but I've always recieved excellent
    service from DVD Pacific.
    --
    Adrian

    Adrian A, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Lester Bangs

    Simon Gronow Guest

    DVD Pacific.com always gets my vote!

    Rgds
    Simon.

    Simon Gronow, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Lester Bangs

    Dragon Guest

    "Simon Gronow" <> wrote in message
    > DVD Pacific.com always gets my vote!
    >
    > Rgds
    > Simon.
    >

    > "Lester Bangs" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm a little chuffed...
    >>
    >> After the nightmare of DVDSoon (yes I know I should not of gone back),
    >> its nice be able to
    >> order a DVD and actually have the damn thing legitimately shipped ...
    >>
    >> A wonderful email just arrived.....
    >>
    >> Greetings Lester Bangs from DVD Pacific.
    >> We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID I4xxxxxx
    >> today.
    >> This invoice contains:
    >> 1 | Band Of Brothers
    >> 1 | Kingdom Of Heaven: 4 Disc Director's Cut
    >>
    >> This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our warehouse
    >> within the next 24 hours.
    >> Thanks for shopping at DVD Pacific, and we hope to see you again soon.
    >>
    >> No Thank You DVD Pacific. I am staying put now.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Lester Bangs
    >> "I was Almost Famous once"

    Dvd pacific for me too from now on, anyway i think dvd soon have gone belly
    up again.

    Dragon, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Lester Bangs

    spodosaurus Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > "Simon Gronow" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>DVD Pacific.com always gets my vote!
    >>
    >>Rgds
    >>Simon.
    >>

    >>"Lester Bangs" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I'm a little chuffed...
    >>>
    >>>After the nightmare of DVDSoon (yes I know I should not of gone back),
    >>>its nice be able to
    >>>order a DVD and actually have the damn thing legitimately shipped ...
    >>>
    >>>A wonderful email just arrived.....
    >>>
    >>>Greetings Lester Bangs from DVD Pacific.
    >>>We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID I4xxxxxx
    >>>today.
    >>>This invoice contains:
    >>>1 | Band Of Brothers
    >>>1 | Kingdom Of Heaven: 4 Disc Director's Cut
    >>>
    >>>This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our warehouse
    >>>within the next 24 hours.
    >>>Thanks for shopping at DVD Pacific, and we hope to see you again soon.
    >>>
    >>>No Thank You DVD Pacific. I am staying put now.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>
    >>>Lester Bangs
    >>>"I was Almost Famous once"
    >>>

    > Dvd pacific for me too from now on, anyway i think dvd soon have gone belly
    > up again.

    I had one very good experience with DVDSoon, but shortly thereafter
    reports started coming in on this group about some problems with their
    business and treatment of customers. So, I went to DVDPacific. I'm very
    happy with them, and the only reason I would order elsewhere is to get a
    break on shipping when ordering new DVDs along with out of production
    second hand CDs (or if I'm already ordering books from Amazon).

    Regards,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    spodosaurus, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Lester Bangs

    Clem Dye Guest

    spodosaurus wrote:
    > Dragon wrote:
    >> "Simon Gronow" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> DVD Pacific.com always gets my vote!
    >>>
    >>> Rgds
    >>> Simon.
    >>>

    >>> "Lester Bangs" <> wrote in message

    >> Dvd pacific for me too from now on, anyway i think dvd soon have gone
    >> belly up again.
    >>

    > I had one very good experience with DVDSoon, but shortly thereafter
    > reports started coming in on this group about some problems with their
    > business and treatment of customers. So, I went to DVDPacific. I'm very
    > happy with them, and the only reason I would order elsewhere is to get a
    > break on shipping when ordering new DVDs along with out of production
    > second hand CDs (or if I'm already ordering books from Amazon).
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Ari

    I couldn't fault the service from DVDPacific when I used them but stayed
    well clear after their system got hacked a whhile back and loads of
    credit card numbers got collected, many of these being used fradulently.

    I'm sure that DVDPacific sorted the problem out very quickly, but given
    that hackers quite often will visit a place they've broken into more
    than once (just like those good ol' burglar boys!) I'll steer clear for
    just a while longer.

    Clem

    Clem Dye, Aug 8, 2006
  7. Lester Bangs

    Lithurge Guest

    Clem Dye <> wrote in

    > I'm sure that DVDPacific sorted the problem out very
    > quickly, but given that hackers quite often will visit a
    > place they've broken into more than once (just like those
    > good ol' burglar boys!) I'll steer clear for just a while
    > longer.
    >

    > Clem

    Well they're being very patient as it happened around two years
    ago now ;)

    Personally I took the view, from my dealings with them to that
    point, that they weren't going to take something so serious
    lightly and have continued to use them since.

    Lithurge, Aug 8, 2006
  8. Lester Bangs

    Adrian A Guest

    Lithurge wrote:
    > Clem Dye <> wrote in
    >

    >> I'm sure that DVDPacific sorted the problem out very
    >> quickly, but given that hackers quite often will visit a
    >> place they've broken into more than once (just like those
    >> good ol' burglar boys!) I'll steer clear for just a while
    >> longer.
    >>

    >> Clem
    >>

    > Well they're being very patient as it happened around two years
    > ago now ;)
    >
    > Personally I took the view, from my dealings with them to that
    > point, that they weren't going to take something so serious
    > lightly and have continued to use them since.

    I didn't use them for a few months after they were hacked, then I thought
    they'll probably be more alert to security threats and probaly more careful
    than others. So far so good.
    --
    Adrian

    Adrian A, Aug 8, 2006
  9. Lester Bangs

    ChrisK Guest

    > I didn't use them for a few months after they were hacked, then I thought
    > they'll probably be more alert to security threats and probaly more

    careful
    > than others. So far so good.

    Given the fact that the credit card companies were straight onto the scam at
    the time, I had no problems using DVDPacific immediately and have continued
    to use them for around 200 orders.

    ChrisK, Aug 8, 2006
  10. Lester Bangs

    biggun' Guest

    > I'm a little chuffed...
    >
    > After the nightmare of DVDSoon (yes I know I should not of gone back), its
    > nice be able to
    > order a DVD and actually have the damn thing legitimately shipped ...
    >
    > A wonderful email just arrived.....
    >
    > Greetings Lester Bangs from DVD Pacific.
    > We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID I4xxxxxx
    > today.
    > This invoice contains:
    > 1 | Band Of Brothers
    > 1 | Kingdom Of Heaven: 4 Disc Director's Cut
    >
    > This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our warehouse
    > within the next 24 hours.
    > Thanks for shopping at DVD Pacific, and we hope to see you again soon.
    >
    > No Thank You DVD Pacific. I am staying put now.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Lester Bangs
    > "I was Almost Famous once"

    I hereby give you all permission to smack me severly around the head and
    shoulders region should I EVER be tempted to use anyone ever again for
    region 1 purchases other than DVD Pacific. 'nuff said..thank god for DVD
    Pacific!

    biggun', Aug 8, 2006
  11. Lester Bangs

    anthony Guest

    > I hereby give you all permission to smack me severly around the head and
    > shoulders region should I EVER be tempted to use anyone ever again for
    > region 1 purchases other than DVD Pacific. 'nuff said..thank god for DVD
    > Pacific!

    I use Amazon.com occasionally for super-specials such as the great
    deals they did on some Criterion titles a couple of months back -- and
    sometimes (only sometimes, but worth checking) forthcoming releases are
    lots cheaper than DVDPacific.
    But probably 70 per cent of my purchases are with DVDPacific, and I've
    found them always reliable, super-fast and they actually answer emailed
    questions!

    anthony, Aug 9, 2006
  12. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:08:42 GMT, Clem Dye <> wrote:

    >I'm sure that DVDPacific sorted the problem out very quickly, but given
    >that hackers quite often will visit a place they've broken into more
    >than once (just like those good ol' burglar boys!) I'll steer clear for
    >just a while longer.
    >

    >Clem

    Hi Clem

    I use the direct desposit facility with DVDPACIFIC as it's 100% safe.
    I haven't as yet gone back to using a credit card again, but might in
    the future. I'm pleased they offer the direct deposit facility as I
    can safely do business with them. I have been extremely happy with the
    service I've received at DVDPACIFIC. I returned two DVDs to
    DVDPACIFIC, and had no problems getting replacements for them. While I
    haven't bought as many DVDs from them this year, I've been stockpiling
    a list of titles I will eventually probably buy from them later in the
    year.

    The other two stores I use are Amazon.co.uk which I've found very
    impressive for delivery times, and CD-WOW who sometimes have cheap
    prices, although I don't use them as much these days.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Aug 9, 2006
  13. "anthony" <> wrote in message

    >> I hereby give you all permission to smack me severly around the head and
    >> shoulders region should I EVER be tempted to use anyone ever again for
    >> region 1 purchases other than DVD Pacific. 'nuff said..thank god for DVD
    >> Pacific!

    > I use Amazon.com occasionally for super-specials such as the great
    > deals they did on some Criterion titles a couple of months back -- and
    > sometimes (only sometimes, but worth checking) forthcoming releases are
    > lots cheaper than DVDPacific.
    > But probably 70 per cent of my purchases are with DVDPacific, and I've
    > found them always reliable, super-fast and they actually answer emailed
    > questions!

    Unfortunately, there have occasionally been titles I could only get from
    Amazon.com (although, in most cases, the price has been so high that it
    doesn't seem worth getting at all.)

    But, I certainly prefer to use DVDPacific for the region1 DVDs. (Even with
    the increased shipping for multidisk sets, it's usually cheaper (eg. got the
    Herzog/Kinski collection for $60 (Australian) from DVDPacific (+shipping) at
    Amazon it would have cost $80 AMERICAN (I think that's over $100
    Australian?) + shipping)

    The Man With No Name, Aug 10, 2006
  14. Lester Bangs

    Blue Guest

    Lester Bangs wrote:
    > I'm a little chuffed...
    >
    > After the nightmare of DVDSoon (yes I know I should not of gone back), its
    > nice be able to
    > order a DVD and actually have the damn thing legitimately shipped ...
    >
    > A wonderful email just arrived.....
    >
    > Greetings Lester Bangs from DVD Pacific.
    > We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID I4xxxxxx
    > today.
    > This invoice contains:
    > 1 | Band Of Brothers
    > 1 | Kingdom Of Heaven: 4 Disc Director's Cut
    >
    > This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our warehouse
    > within the next 24 hours.
    > Thanks for shopping at DVD Pacific, and we hope to see you again soon.
    >
    > No Thank You DVD Pacific. I am staying put now.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Lester Bangs
    > "I was Almost Famous once"

    You should try Memorex.