    02180 ESPOO
    FINLAND
    E-mail:

    Mulperi, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Mulperi

    Rich Guest

    Mulperi wrote:
    > If I work with DSLR attached with 1000 nirrror lens and the weight is about
    > 3 kilos. Does a gorillapod (http://www.joby.com/uk/) cope with that. I know
    > that there are diffirebt types of gorillapods but I have not red any tests
    > of them.

    Don't expect it to be a rock of Gilbraltar. Hold is one thing, solidly
    is another.
    Best advice? Use a remote and lock up the mirror.

    Rich, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Mulperi

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 23:58:30 GMT, "Mulperi"
    <> wrote:

    >If I work with DSLR attached with 1000 nirrror lens and the weight is about
    >3 kilos. Does a gorillapod (http://www.joby.com/uk/) cope with that. I know
    >that there are diffirebt types of gorillapods but I have not red any tests
    >of them.

    The larger one
    http://www.joby.com/uk/gp3.html
    is rated at 3 kilos.
    I didn't see anything resembling a warranty or guarantee.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Dec 28, 2006
  4. On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:48:54 -0700, Bill Funk wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 23:58:30 GMT, "Mulperi"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>If I work with DSLR attached with 1000 nirrror lens and the weight is about
    >>3 kilos. Does a gorillapod (http://www.joby.com/uk/) cope with that. I know
    >>that there are diffirebt types of gorillapods but I have not red any tests
    >>of them.

    > The larger one
    > http://www.joby.com/uk/gp3.html
    > is rated at 3 kilos.
    > I didn't see anything resembling a warranty or guarantee.

    And, at best, that's probably 3 kilos shaped like a melon -- not 3 kilos
    shaped like a zucchini with the mount to one end.

    Jonesy

    Allodoxaphobia, Dec 29, 2006