    Help me out folks...will it be a wise move to invest the
    time and $ to achieve this new certification???
    Thanks in advance for your opinions!!
    Tom, May 14, 2004

  2. The more certs you have the better you will look to an employer. A+ really
    isn't enough by itself. I've been unemployed for 2 years and still haven't
    found anything. I ended up starting my own company. Get all the education
    you can. And remember its TAX DEDUCTABLE! There is no reason not to do it.

    I plan to get the MCDST as well as MCSE. I also go to school full time.

    --
    Shelby Meyer
    Meyer Computer Consulting

    Shelby Meyer \(A+, N+, iN+, CIW, MCSA\), May 14, 2004

  3. Tom

    Guest

    Save your money! Do not be crazy to waste your money on a
    piece of paper issued by MS. Bill Gates is so rich
    already. With an A+, you're certified for the desktop.

    Sincerely,

    , May 17, 2004
  4. I'm not sure I agree. I have an A+ and a MCDST and find that they
    compliment each other.

    Check the objectives for the two A+ exams and the two MCDST exams.

    I'm wondering what desktop software will one support if it's not Windows...

    "" <> wrote in
    message news:e23701c43c28$d6eb74d0$...

    Ron Carswell A+ N+ CTT+ MCSA MCSE CCNA MCDST, May 18, 2004
  5. Tom

    Guest Guest

    My opinion aside, I agree with the previous post regarding
    being more marketable by having more certs. An employer
    will know that you are a motivated individual who has kept
    up with the ever changing IT field.

    Guest, May 18, 2004
  6. Tom

    Guest Guest

    Hmmmm. Do you really think Bill Gates cares about making
    more money? Think about yourself (and your family). He
    already has more than he will ever be able to possibly
    spend. What could this do for you!? The little money you
    spend could greatly increase your chances of increasing
    your salary. Show some initiative. Employers look for
    it, especially in the IT industry.

    Guest, May 18, 2004
  7. Tom

    Neil Guest

    "Ron Carswell A+ N+ CTT+ MCSA MCSE CCNA MCDST" <>
    wrote in news::

    > I'm wondering what desktop software will one support if it's not
    > Windows...

    MacOS X? How about one of the flavours of Linux with your choice of Gnome
    or KDE? they may not be as popular but there are alternatives.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 18, 2004
  8. Tom

    mattjam Guest

    Yes in addition to a Networks+ certification.The City of
    New York is hiring until May 26 for a certifed Lan
    administrator -major requirement listed is a MCDST and
    yes the pay and benefits are HUGE!

    mattjam, May 23, 2004
  9. Tom

    Michael Guest

    I believe that with the rollout of Windows XP and Server
    2003 that the need for Microsoft Desktop Support techs
    will soon be in high demand. The OS is very user friendly
    but there are still those out there that havent a clue how
    to configure the basics of the system. And the ease of use
    obviously has brought more customers to the Microsoft
    platform, thus the need for MCDST's.

    Michael, May 28, 2004