    I remember asking about this years ago in one group or another and was told
    how to do it. I've been searching my old Usenet posts for hours on Google
    looking for that thread and havent found it yet.
    elaich, Apr 30, 2008

  2. elaich

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 30 Apr 2008 14:31:05 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    >I used to know how to do this, but forgot.
    >
    >I want an icon on the desktop that will launch a Playstation emulator
    >psxfin.exe, but with a particular game preloaded. Just for example, let's
    >say Suikoden. The game Suikoden plays when Suikoden.img is loaded.
    >
    >I remember asking about this years ago in one group or another and was told
    >how to do it. I've been searching my old Usenet posts for hours on Google
    >looking for that thread and havent found it yet.

    Depends.

    Can you browse to the folder where suikoden.img is, double click on
    that icon, and have it load?

    Drag and drop that icon to the desktop.
    Evan Platt, Apr 30, 2008

  3. elaich

    Sean_Q_ Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > I used to know how to do this, but forgot.
    >
    > I want an icon on the desktop that will launch a Playstation emulator
    > psxfin.exe, but with a particular game preloaded. Just for example, let's
    > say Suikoden. The game Suikoden plays when Suikoden.img is loaded.

    Batch file with a shortcut desktop icon?

    SQ
    ps. How about we all just declare Windows a failed experiment and
    Sean_Q_, Apr 30, 2008
  4. elaich

    thanatoid Guest

    elaich <> wrote in news:Xns9A904C71D1B88xyz@130.133.1.4:

    > I used to know how to do this, but forgot.
    >
    > I want an icon on the desktop that will launch a
    > Playstation emulator psxfin.exe, but with a particular game
    > preloaded. Just for example, let's say Suikoden. The game
    > Suikoden plays when Suikoden.img is loaded.
    >
    > I remember asking about this years ago in one group or
    > another and was told how to do it. I've been searching my
    > old Usenet posts for hours on Google looking for that
    > thread and havent found it yet.

    I don't know whether the PS emulator runs in DOS (window?) but
    there is a DOS "emulator menu" program whose name escapes me at
    the moment. I /think/ it even allows you to choose the game(s)
    which appears to be what you want. Even though I have only ever
    used the "Stella" Atari 2600 emulator, I am pretty sure I do
    have that DOS menu program, and if you can't find it (or
    something like it) I can post it for you somewhere. And if
    psxfin runs under Windows only, there's GOTTA be some menu add-
    on for it and other Windows emulators.

    WWOTS, I am barely conversant with commands, but wouldn't it be
    /something/ like:

    c:\> psxfin.exe /suikoden.img (with allowances for paths)

    (I probably just exhibited my utter ignorance of certain basics
    to the world. Oh well.)

    --
    Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
    as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas

    - Arthur Schopenhauer
    thanatoid, Apr 30, 2008
  5. elaich

    elaich Guest

    Sean_Q_ <> wrote in news:Ff3Sj.103156$Cj7.89479@pd7urf2no:

    > How about we all just declare Windows a failed experiment and

    LOL. CP/M was what I started with. Sometimes I boot it up just to play with
    it.
    elaich, May 1, 2008
  6. elaich

    elaich Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > And if
    > psxfin runs under Windows only, there's GOTTA be some menu add-
    > on for it and other Windows emulators.
    >
    > WWOTS, I am barely conversant with commands, but wouldn't it be
    > /something/ like:
    >
    > c:\> psxfin.exe /suikoden.img (with allowances for paths)

    It runs in Windows, and it does have a frontend. I like to just be able
    to click on an icon.

    That command line sounds pretty good. I haven't worked with command lines
    since DOS 3.3.

    Here's the problem. I used Suikoden as an example. Of course, I can just
    drag suikoden.img to the desktop and create a shortcut. I have already
    changed the association of .img to open with psxfin.exe. That works fine.

    But, enter Suikoden II. Some PSX games do not not emulate properly in
    psxfin without a switch, and Suikoden II is one of them. It requires the
    -r switch. I definitely remember being able to do this, but have
    forgotten how.

    I can run it in the frontend, which has provisions for switches, and can
    just use a shortcut to the frontend. It just irks me that I have
    forgotten how to do something I once knew how to.

    I'll continue looking for that thread, and I'll also ask in the pSX
    forums at emuforums.com. Thanks.
    elaich, May 1, 2008
  7. elaich

    thanatoid Guest

    elaich <> wrote in

    > thanatoid <> wrote in
    >
    >> And if
    >> psxfin runs under Windows only, there's GOTTA be some menu
    >> add- on for it and other Windows emulators.
    >>
    >> WWOTS, I am barely conversant with commands, but wouldn't
    >> it be /something/ like:
    >>
    >> c:\> psxfin.exe /suikoden.img (with allowances for paths)
    >>

    > It runs in Windows, and it does have a frontend. I like to
    > just be able to click on an icon.
    >
    > That command line sounds pretty good. I haven't worked with
    > command lines since DOS 3.3.

    I run 95 and 98SELite and Xtree for DOS was always the first
    thing I installed after DOS whenever I would set up a machine.
    But I don't do much of anything any more and I am also getting
    old and stupid.

    AFA the switch, they are usually just "space -r" (in this case).

    So the complete version of the command line I would be:

    c:\> psxfin.exe -r /suikoden.img

    It perhaps should be % instead of /
    Like I said, I am very bad at this.

    <SNIP>

    > I'll continue looking for that thread, and I'll also ask in
    > the pSX forums at emuforums.com. Thanks.

    You're welcome. I'm surprised no one else has replied. This
    place is crawling with command line freaks.

    thanatoid, May 1, 2008
  8. elaich

    BAntar

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    the solution of the problem

    open notepad and tape this :

    @echo off

    psxfin.exe "resident evil 3.cdz"

    instruction :
    *1
    psxfin.exe is the exe file in the Emulator folder...
    *2
    resident evil 3.cdz is the image file of the game i use...
    *3
    make sure that the image file in the same folder that have the Emulator psxfin.exe...
    *4 last
    save the notepad file like this anything.bat in the same folder of the Emulator program...
    then double click in the bat file and the game will launch.........................................
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    BAntar, Nov 17, 2010