How to ? with Photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by .............., Apr 3, 2004.

  1. How do I color match colors and fill them in. White teeth for example. How
    do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the eye?.
    .............., Apr 3, 2004

  2. ..............

    John Navas Guest

    In <mKGbc.4448$V%> on Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:17:54 GMT,
    ".............." <> wrote:

    >How do I color match colors and fill them in. White teeth for example. How
    >do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the eye?.

    Use Google to search the web for Photoshop tutorials.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    John Navas, Apr 3, 2004

  3. ..............

    El Penguini Guest

    Well.....you don't want to do that, that is why it isn't easy.

    If you zoom in on someone's teeth, you'll see that there are all kinds of
    shades of white, gray and yellow. If you 'whitewash' them to make them look
    like virgin snow, you'll wind up with a very one-dimensional looking
    picture.

    What you need to do is lighten the colors that are there so that you keep
    the natural looking shadows but make the teeth look better.

    My ability to manipulate photoshop effectively is mostly a function of my
    artistic ability - not my software knowledge.

    El Penguini, Apr 4, 2004
  4. ..............

    JMooreTS Guest

    >How
    >> do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the eye?.

    Buy Scott Kelby's "Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers". It has tips for
    doing both. Plus, it's the best photographers book for Photoshop that I've
    come across.

    John Moore
    JMooreTS, Apr 4, 2004
  5. ..............

    stewy Guest

    ".............." <> wrote in message
    > How do I color match colors and fill them in. White teeth for example.

    How
    > do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the eye?.

    Use the eyedropper tool. Make a new layer and away you go...
    stewy, Apr 5, 2004
  6. ..............

    Ida Noe Guest

    On 3-Apr-2004, ".............." <> wrote:

    > How do I color match colors and fill them in. White teeth for example.
    > How
    > do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the eye?.

    use the dodge tool and try dodging highlights a bit.
    you'll have to sink your teeth into this one and eyeball the results
    yourself.
    Ida Noe, Apr 7, 2004
  7. ..............

    Ken Davey Guest

    Ida Noe wrote:
    > On 3-Apr-2004, ".............." <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do I color match colors and fill them in. White teeth for
    >> example. How
    >> do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the
    >> eye?.

    > use the dodge tool and try dodging highlights a bit.
    > you'll have to sink your teeth into this one and eyeball the results
    > yourself.

    Clone stamp. Zoom in to get better control on the area.
    Regards.
    Ken.

    --
    http://www.rupert.net/~solar
    Return address supplied by 'spammotel'
    Ken Davey, Apr 7, 2004
  8. ..............

    Ken Davey Guest

    Ida Noe wrote:
    > On 3-Apr-2004, ".............." <> wrote:
    >
    >> How do I color match colors and fill them in. White teeth for
    >> example. How
    >> do I make all the teeth the same color white?. Or the whites of the
    >> eye?.

    > use the dodge tool and try dodging highlights a bit.
    > you'll have to sink your teeth into this one and eyeball the results
    > yourself.

    Or - fill tool - same approach.

    Ken Davey, Apr 7, 2004