How to view Video?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by annparvin, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. annparvin

    annparvin Guest

    I can't view videos, for example, on cnn.com using my firefox browser.
    (version 1.5)

    It says I need the latest Media Player, which I did install. But it still
    gives me the same message when I try to view videos.

    I rebooted after downloading the latest Media player, but it didn't make any
    difference.

    Is there a special plug in I have to have for firefox, or something?

    Any suggestions folks?

    I LOVE my firefox, and hate having to use my explorer to view video. I can
    view them using THAT browser, but I want to do it using THIS one. lol

    --
    I am merely a woman with delusions of grandeur, coupled with a severe
    inferiority complex.........
    annparvin, Jan 11, 2007

  2. annparvin

    Doug G Guest

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player
    Doug G, Jan 12, 2007

  3. annparvin

    Alan Illeman Guest

    "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    > annparvin wrote:
    > > I can't view videos, for example, on cnn.com using my firefox browser.
    > > (version 1.5)
    > >
    > > It says I need the latest Media Player, which I did install. But it

    still
    > > gives me the same message when I try to view videos.
    > >
    > > I rebooted after downloading the latest Media player, but it didn't make

    any
    > > difference.
    > >
    > > Is there a special plug in I have to have for firefox, or something?
    > >
    > > Any suggestions folks?
    > >
    > > I LOVE my firefox, and hate having to use my explorer to view video. I

    can
    > > view them using THAT browser, but I want to do it using THIS one. lol
    > >

    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player

    Thanks for that link Doug, I've had a problem with WMP for some time and
    the instructions therein have solved my problem (ActiveX plugin).
    Alan Illeman, Jan 12, 2007
  4. annparvin

    Guest

    Alan Illeman wrote:
    > "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    > > annparvin wrote:
    > > > I can't view videos, for example, on cnn.com using my firefox browser.
    > > > (version 1.5)
    > > >
    > > > It says I need the latest Media Player, which I did install. But it

    > still
    > > > gives me the same message when I try to view videos.
    > > >
    > > > I rebooted after downloading the latest Media player, but it didn't make

    > any
    > > > difference.
    > > >
    > > > Is there a special plug in I have to have for firefox, or something?
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions folks?
    > > >
    > > > I LOVE my firefox, and hate having to use my explorer to view video. I

    > can
    > > > view them using THAT browser, but I want to do it using THIS one. lol
    > > >

    > > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player

    > Thanks for that link Doug, I've had a problem with WMP for some time and
    > the instructions therein have solved my problem (ActiveX plugin).

    If you're talking about the Mozilla ActiveX plugin, then there should
    be a warning. It does cause problems else where, such as with Flash!
    , Jan 12, 2007
  5. annparvin

    Doug G Guest

    Alan Illeman wrote:
    > "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    >> annparvin wrote:
    >>> I can't view videos, for example, on cnn.com using my firefox
    >>> browser. (version 1.5)
    >>>
    >>> It says I need the latest Media Player, which I did install. But
    >>> it still gives me the same message when I try to view videos.
    >>>
    >>> I rebooted after downloading the latest Media player, but it
    >>> didn't make any difference.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a special plug in I have to have for firefox, or
    >>> something?
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions folks?
    >>>
    >>> I LOVE my firefox, and hate having to use my explorer to view
    >>> video. I can view them using THAT browser, but I want to do it
    >>> using THIS one. lol
    >>>

    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player

    > Thanks for that link Doug, I've had a problem with WMP for some time
    > and the instructions therein have solved my problem (ActiveX plugin).

    Installing the Windows Media Player Plug-in for Netscape Navigator fixed
    Firefox for me without having to use the ActiveX plugin.
    Doug G, Jan 12, 2007
  6. annparvin

    Alan Illeman Guest

    "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    > Alan Illeman wrote:
    > > "Doug G" <> wrote in message

    > >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player

    > > Thanks for that link Doug, I've had a problem with WMP for some time
    > > and the instructions therein have solved my problem (ActiveX plugin).
    > >

    > Installing the Windows Media Player Plug-in for Netscape Navigator fixed
    > Firefox for me without having to use the ActiveX plugin.

    It did at first, or so I thought..
    Alan Illeman, Jan 12, 2007