How to view PAQ file

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. In article <ce231j$bvk$>, Bryan <> was seen to type:
    >Is there a program that will open a file ending in .paq on a HP recovery
    >cd?

    What sort of file is it ? ... or is that the question you are actually
    asking ? :)

    Bruce

    In short, what people think they want is news, but what they really crave
    is olds.
    Lord Vetinari, ¨The Truth¨ Terry Pratchet

    Caution => followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2004

  2. In article <ce23g2$c31$>, Bryan <> was seen to type:
    <tpf>
    >> What sort of file is it ? ... or is that the question you are actually
    >> asking ? :)

    >I want to view the files inside this archive. Does Hewlett packard

    use a
    >custom program to insatll windows off the recovery cd's or is there

    some
    >program I can use to view the files inside the .paq files?

    Ah. HP. Right. How old is it ? IIRC, there was a lot of non standard
    h/w inside HPs 5+ years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if that was true for
    their s/w too. If your file is that old that may indeed be the
    problem.
    Have you asked them ? (or their current incarnation ... compaq isn't
    it ?).

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    Bryan Guest

    Bryan, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    Bryan Guest

    Bryan, Jul 26, 2004
  5. Bruce Sinclair

    Bryan Guest

    Solved the problem myself. Winrar does the job perfectly.

    Bryan, Jul 26, 2004