    channel 3 or 4 but instructions say so in VCR instructions. My camera
    says nothing about that but I did try it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    L.D.

    L.D., Nov 29, 2007

  2. L.D.

    Marty Fremen Guest

    "L.D." <> wrote:

    > I want to view pictures in my digital camera on the tv.I have read
    > instructions and it don't work. I know with a VCR you have to tune tv
    > to channel 3 or 4 but instructions say so in VCR instructions. My
    > camera says nothing about that but I did try it. Any ideas what I am
    > doing wrong?

    You need to set the TV to use auxilliary input, the camera will not be
    sending a signal that the tv tuner can pick up, it will almost certainly
    be a composite video signal such as a VCR sends when plugged in via the
    SCART lead. On some TVs auxilliary input is channel 0, on others its a
    separate button on the remote. (Many tvs will automaatically switch to
    that input if a signal is present, but it seems yours didn't.)

    Marty Fremen, Nov 29, 2007

  3. L.D.

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:05:53 GMT, L.D. wrote:

    > I want to view pictures in my digital camera on the tv.I have read
    > instructions and it don't work. I know with a VCR you have to tune tv to
    > channel 3 or 4 but instructions say so in VCR instructions. My camera
    > says nothing about that but I did try it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    VCRs usually have two or more types of inputs. The one that
    utilizes channels 3 or 4 is RF, and is not the type that digital
    cameras typically use. Do you have the video cable that was
    supplied with the camera? The standard types usually have a mini or
    sub-mini plug that attaches to the camera, and 2 RCA plugs (or 3,
    for the odd cameras that record stereo audio) for attaching to a TV
    via the TV's video input. Only really ancient TVs will have an RF
    but no video inputs. While the camera is in display mode and
    connected to the TV, use the button on the TV's remote that cycles
    through the TV's different inputs, and if nothing's broken, the
    camera's pictures should appear when the proper input is selected.

    That said, your pictures will look *far* better if viewed on a
    computer's monitor. TVs don't come close in picture quality, but if
    there's no computer nearby, something (a TV) is better than nothing.

    ASAAR, Nov 29, 2007
  4. L.D.

    Jim Guest

    "L.D." <> wrote in message
    >I want to view pictures in my digital camera on the tv.I have read
    >instructions and it don't work. I know with a VCR you have to tune tv to
    >channel 3 or 4 but instructions say so in VCR instructions. My camera says
    >nothing about that but I did try it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    > L.D.

    Most cameras these days output an S-Video signal for this purpose. Is that
    what you used?
    Some cameras can also output RGB via RCA jacks. Is that what you used?
    Others output RGB via the 15 pin monitor jack. Is that what you used?

    Most TVs these days provide various types of connections, and most do not
    output their signals on a TV channel.

    For example, my Sharp TV allows use of the TV tuner, analog inputs such as
    the RCA jacks, sVideo, or HDMI. So, the method that you need to use to
    allow your TV to display pictures from your camera depends on the
    capabilites of both.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 30, 2007
  5. L.D.

    ChrisM Guest

    In message 5JG3j.66228$,
    L.D. <> Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

    > I want to view pictures in my digital camera on the tv.I have read
    > instructions and it don't work. I know with a VCR you have to tune tv
    > to channel 3 or 4 but instructions say so in VCR instructions. My
    > camera says nothing about that but I did try it. Any ideas what I am
    > doing wrong? L.D.

    Tell us what camera you've got, and what Make and model of TV you have, and
    someone might be able to help you set it up...

    Also, what lead are you using? Is it the one that came with the camera? What
    does it look like?

    --
    Regards,
    Chris.

    ChrisM, Nov 30, 2007
  6. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    Camera is a Samsung model S1050 and it has RCA cable that came with it.
    The plug goes into the camera and the other end is a white and a yellow
    RCA connector.
    TV is a Sony Model KV-20FS120. I don't have the original remote. I am
    using Dish Network remote.
    L.D.

    L.D., Nov 30, 2007
  7. L.D.

    Marty Fremen Guest

    "L.D." <> wrote:

    > Camera is a Samsung model S1050 and it has RCA cable that came with it.
    > The plug goes into the camera and the other end is a white and a yellow
    > RCA connector.

    The yellow is composite video, the white is mono audio. If your TV has
    sockets that the cables fit then it should just be a question of selecting
    the right input mode on the set.

    Note however if your TV has red and white inputs these are left and right
    audio, not video. If there isn't a third socket for the yellow video plug
    then you will need a converter to fit whatever socket your TV provides.

    Marty Fremen, Dec 1, 2007
  8. L.D.

    ChrisM Guest

    In message X_X3j.4710$,
    L.D. <> Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

    > Camera is a Samsung model S1050 and it has RCA cable that came with
    > it. The plug goes into the camera and the other end is a white and a
    > yellow RCA connector.
    > TV is a Sony Model KV-20FS120. I don't have the original remote. I am
    > using Dish Network remote.
    > L.D.

    Well, for viewing images, it's the yellow RCA connector you need...
    Not familiar with that TV, but if it is a recent model, it will probably
    have 3 RCA sockets on the front, probably behind a flap. You just need to
    plug the yellow plug into that, make sure your camera is displaying a
    picture, then select that input.
    Hopefully your remote will have a button that lets you flick between the
    inputs into the TV (AV1, AV2 etc).
    If the numbering on that TV works the same as mine (also a Sony Wega CRT)
    the front connector will be numbered one more than the number of SCART
    sockets on th back of the TV (so AV2 if you have 1 SCART, AV3 if you have
    2).

    Good luck...

    Chris.

    ChrisM, Dec 3, 2007