    an alternative way?

    Same question for Vista.

    Thanks.
    Dave, Jul 17, 2007

  2. Dave

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:22:08 -0700, Dave wrote:

    > In Windows XP Home, how can I view the MAC address of my wireless PCI
    > adapter card? Router's admin features don't include this, so is there
    > an alternative way?
    >
    > Same question for Vista.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Doesn't that show up if you do ipconfig from a dos window?
    Meat Plow, Jul 17, 2007

  3. You'll need 'ipconfig /all' to get it. The getmac command is also
    useful, detailed information and remote machines can also be specified
    as parameters.

    Richard Giagnacovo, Jul 17, 2007
  4. Dave

    ded Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > In Windows XP Home, how can I view the MAC address of my wireless PCI
    > adapter card? Router's admin features don't include this, so is there
    > an alternative way?
    >
    > Same question for Vista.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Goto: Start>Run
    Type: command
    A dainty dos type dialog will appear, it will display some basics.
    At the prompt type: ipconfig/all
    Hit the Enter key and all should be revealed.

    Alternatively visit the manufacturers site, click the support link
    and you should find out there.
    ded, Jul 17, 2007
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Jul 16, 6:00 pm, "ded" <> wrote:
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message

    > > In Windows XP Home, how can I view the MAC address of my wireless PCI
    > > adapter card? Router's admin features don't include this, so is there
    > > an alternative way?

    > > Same question for Vista.

    > > Thanks.

    > Goto: Start>Run
    > Type: command
    > A dainty dos type dialog will appear, it will display some basics.
    > At the prompt type: ipconfig/all
    > Hit the Enter key and all should be revealed.
    >
    > Alternatively visit the manufacturers site, click the support link
    > and you should find out there.

    Thanks, all. "ipconfig/all" works as stated above, and has solved my
    problem.
    Dave, Jul 17, 2007