    obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
    (hpztsb06 -?).

    TIA
    Edge, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Edge" <> wrote in
    news:Aa3Mb.1575$:

    > Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when
    > pressing alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the
    > names are obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but
    > others are not (hpztsb06 -?).

    Do you wish to post your operating system version? NT/2000/XP already
    shows you the filename running.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Edge

    HF Guest

    Depending on your OS try Run - msconfig and use the slider
    "Edge" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

    pressing
    > alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
    > obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
    > (hpztsb06 -?).
    >
    > TIA

    ---
    HF, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Edge

    Thor Guest

    "Edge" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

    pressing
    > alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
    > obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
    > (hpztsb06 -?).

    Just to add to Demon's comments, the HPxxxxx you mentioned is part of HP
    printer and scanner software. So I assume you have such a device?
    Thor, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Edge

    Michael-NC Guest

    www.google.com

    Just paste in the file name and search.

    Michael-NC, Jan 11, 2004
  6. Edge

    Edge Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "Edge" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

    > pressing
    > > alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
    > > obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
    > > (hpztsb06 -?).

    > Just to add to Demon's comments, the HPxxxxx you mentioned is part of HP
    > printer and scanner software. So I assume you have such a device?

    I'm running Win95A . Yes, I do have an HP printer..
    Edge, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Thor wrote:
    > "Edge" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is there a way to associate the names of the programs running (when

    > pressing
    >
    >>alt_cntrl_del) with actual installed programs? Some of the names are
    >>obvious, so no problem there (systray - system tray), but others are not
    >>(hpztsb06 -?).

    > Just to add to Demon's comments, the HPxxxxx you mentioned is part of HP
    > printer and scanner software. So I assume you have such a device?

    And the question is, how do you determine this? Other than by asking
    more knowledgeable persons, of course. For example, on my system (Win2K,
    BTW) I currently see a process called xfr.exe

    I assure you that I have *not* installed any application called xfr.
    Obviously however, one of the applications I *have* installed has
    installed this program/file. The question is, which one did it?
    Calvin Crumrine, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Edge

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Calvin Crumrine <> wrote in

    > And the question is, how do you determine this? Other than by asking
    > more knowledgeable persons, of course. For example, on my system (Win2K,
    > BTW) I currently see a process called xfr.exe
    >
    > I assure you that I have *not* installed any application called xfr.
    > Obviously however, one of the applications I *have* installed has
    > installed this program/file. The question is, which one did it?

    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?filter=xfr.exe&count=&type=
    According to that:
    Intel File Transfer U xfr.exe Part of Intel's LANDesk
    Management Suite 6 and the Common Base Agent (CBA) - used for communicating
    between the core server and managed clients

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Edge

    Edge Guest

    Edge, Jan 19, 2004
  10. Edge

    Edge Guest

    Ignore- Duplicate Post Re: How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs?

    Edge, Jan 19, 2004