    TomTom Guest

    Is there a way to verify if an individual has the certification he says he
    has?
    TomTom, Jan 1, 2004

  2. TomTom

    If the person is claimimg to be certified. then they should have access to the Microsoft MCP site were they can go and print an official transcript from Microsoft which will show the exams that they have completed. If they are truely certified they should be able to produce it.

    VirtualTwo
    =?Utf-8?B?VmlydHVhbFR3bw==?=, Jan 2, 2004

  3. TomTom

    TomTom Guest

    Thanks VirtualTwo. So, the possible employer should ask for the transcripts
    from the candidates if they really want to verify... I hope there are easier
    ways, like the information being published on the web, probably at the
    microsoft sites. I wonder if the certified individuals would mind.
    TomTom, Jan 2, 2004
  4. TomTom

    Guest Guest

    Once certified, they receive a membership package in the mail that includes,
    amoung other things, an id card (name, title, member #, etc.) which can be
    carried in the wallet. You could also ask them which testing center they
    used.

    Guest, Jan 2, 2004
  5. TomTom

    Skip Guest

    Couldn't help but overhear.

    Do you also think that transcripts from a potential
    employee's college work be available online to the
    public? I offer to provide college transcripts if asked,
    but I don't publish them. The probability that others
    will abuse the information is thus minimized.

    In fact, I don't ever deliver transcripts to a peotential
    employer, rather I ask the college to send them on my
    behalf. The probability that I have forged is thus
    minimized.

    Should MCP be different?
    Skip, Jan 3, 2004
  6. TomTom

    TomTom Guest

    Skip,

    How do you think the information can be abused? Send targeted ads for
    example? If the contact information is not listed, it's probably difficult
    for the spammers to send garbages.

    I think the collage should consider publishing whether a person actually
    went to that collage, but not the whole transcripts because mine is bad. :)

    TomTom, Jan 3, 2004
  7. TomTom

    Guest Guest

    How would the testing centre help ?
    I have taken exams at 4 different centre's

    Guest, Jan 5, 2004
  8. TomTom wrote:
    > Is there a way to verify if an individual has the certification he says he
    > has?

    Ask him a non-multiple choice question.
    General Protection Fault, Jan 5, 2004
  9. >How would the testing centre help ?
    >I have taken exams at 4 different centre's

    It would not, anyone can lie. In any case the center should get out
    information about a candidate.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  10. TomTom

    longroad Guest

    Ask him the following questions:
    A. Can you produce a certification card?
    B. Can you produce a certification certificate?
    C. Do you have an MCP login account.
    D. Are you a filthy liar.

    Then ask him to 'Check all that apply....'

    longroad, Jan 7, 2004