How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zvnteq7, Apr 12, 2009.

  1. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    zvnteq7, Apr 12, 2009

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 12, 2009

  3. zvnteq7

    chuckcar Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$:

    > I got this error message:
    > http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >
    > is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)

    The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working properly
    at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are you trying to
    do, what operating system are you using and what servers are you using for
    pop and smtp with yahoo?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 12, 2009
  4. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > zvnteq7 wrote:
    >
    > [How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?]
    >> I got this error message:
    >> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked

    > 502 - Cannot find server or DNS Error
    >
    >> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?

    > Google is your friend.
    > http://www.davidtan.org/how-to-change-opera-user-agent-string/

    Google is usually my friend too, but he was hungover and on LSD today
    cause he wouldn't give ME any good links for help, fortunately you came
    along and saved the day

    GOD Bless you my child...

    Amen

    zvnteq7, Apr 12, 2009
  5. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > zvnteq7 <> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$:
    >
    >> I got this error message:
    >> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >>
    >> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance :)

    > The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    > server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    > Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working properly
    > at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are you trying to
    > do, what operating system are you using and what servers are you using for
    > pop and smtp with yahoo?

    I'm trying to take over the world, OS: I'm using a VAX-MS, Sinclair1000
    and a Vic20 all networked together to make a supercomputer

    zvnteq7, Apr 12, 2009
  6. zvnteq7 wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Google is your friend.
    >> http://www.davidtan.org/how-to-change-opera-user-agent-string/

    > Google is usually my friend too, but he was hungover and on LSD today
    > cause he wouldn't give ME any good links for help, fortunately you
    > came along and saved the day

    I do believe the above page was the fourth link for:
    opera change user agent string

    > GOD Bless you my child...

    Well, since it will be Easter in a few minutes, I'll let you get away
    with that one... :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 12, 2009
  7. zvnteq7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:07:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    >server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    >Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working properly
    >at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are you trying to
    >do, what operating system are you using and what servers are you using for
    >pop and smtp with yahoo?

    O....M......F........G..........

    That seriously has to be the stupidest answer I've EVER heard.

    I wouldn't even expect that level of stupidity from a high school
    dropout.
    Using Google Groups.
    On AOL.
    After having a lobotomy.

    Evan Platt, Apr 12, 2009
  8. chuckcar wrote:

    > zvnteq7 wrote:
    >> I got this error message:
    >> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >>
    >> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?

    > The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a)

    person who didn't read the question.

    Subject: "..with Opera?" [which is a web browser]
    Yahoo mail: which is a web-based email service.
    Logical deduction: Yahoo is rejecting the use of the Opera browser.
    Easy test: spoof the UA string in Opera, see if it works.

    Please activate your other synapse before replying.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 12, 2009
  9. zvnteq7

    zvnteq7 Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:07:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    >> server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    >> Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working properly
    >> at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are you trying to
    >> do, what operating system are you using and what servers are you using for
    >> pop and smtp with yahoo?

    > O....M......F........G..........
    >
    > That seriously has to be the stupidest answer I've EVER heard.
    >
    > I wouldn't even expect that level of stupidity from a high school
    > dropout.
    > Using Google Groups.
    > On AOL.
    > After having a lobotomy.

    and ECT treatment, on LSD, drunk, and on massive amounts of Ambien but
    staying awake deliberately

    zvnteq7, Apr 12, 2009
  10. zvnteq7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 00:24:01 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Please activate your other synapse before replying.

    You're insinuating that chucktard has more than one synapse.

    I doubt he even has half one - hence the "nil" in his 'e-mail'
    address.

    Evan Platt, Apr 12, 2009
  11. Evan Platt wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    > [to chuckie]
    >> Please activate your other synapse before replying.

    > You're insinuating that chucktard has more than one synapse.
    >
    > I doubt he even has half one - hence the "nil" in his 'e-mail'
    > address.

    You could be right. I usually try to see the best in people, though
    from his latest post, it becomes ever so more difficult in his case...

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 12, 2009
  12. zvnteq7

    Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote:

    >I got this error message:
    >http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >
    >is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >
    >Thanks in advance :)

    Yes,Opera has always had the ability to change it's Browser User Agent
    Strings, meaning you can have it come across as FF, or IE

    http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/change-ua.html

    I still use Opera 9.26 I use this approach (it used to be much
    easier):

    "use Tools->Quick Preferences->Edit Site Preferences->Select Network
    Tab->Use Browser Identification combo box"

    --

    The Difference of Love [pic]
    http://g.virbcdn.com/i/resize_575x575/Image-52028-590293-DifferenceofLove.jpg

    , Apr 12, 2009
  13. zvnteq7

    John Holmes Guest

    chuckcar "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > zvnteq7 <> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$:
    >
    >> I got this error message:
    >> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >>
    >> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance :)

    > The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    > server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    > Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working
    > properly at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are
    > you trying to do, what operating system are you using and what servers
    > are you using for pop and smtp with yahoo?

    I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species
    as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformaty. I barf at the very
    thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you.
    You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the
    dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

    --
    Your mother was a geeky zombie who rode horses bareback on drugs.

    John Holmes, Apr 12, 2009
  14. zvnteq7

    freemont Guest

    On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:07:56 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    > what servers are you using for pop and smtp with yahoo?

    Christ on a bike.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    freemont, Apr 12, 2009
  15. zvnteq7

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-04-11, zvnteq7 <> wrote:
    > I got this error message:
    > http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >
    > is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)

    I can use the Yahoo webmail with Opera, even without 'spoofing'. But the
    Yahoo interface seems to be very ... quirky. So I try not to go there if
    I can avoid it.

    Try posting in the newsgroup opera.general - it's on the free public
    news-server called news.opera.com if your usual news-server doesn't carry
    it.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 12, 2009
  16. zvnteq7 wrote:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:07:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    >>> server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    >>> Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working
    >>> properly
    >>> at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are you
    >>> trying to
    >>> do, what operating system are you using and what servers are you
    >>> using for
    >>> pop and smtp with yahoo?

    >> O....M......F........G..........
    >>
    >> That seriously has to be the stupidest answer I've EVER heard.
    >>
    >> I wouldn't even expect that level of stupidity from a high school
    >> dropout.
    >> Using Google Groups.
    >> On AOL.
    >> After having a lobotomy.

    > and ECT treatment, on LSD, drunk, and on massive amounts of Ambien but
    > staying awake deliberately

    Fucking hilarious coming from a git that replaced his computer because
    his CD stopped working.

    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Nice reacharound, btw.

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 12, 2009
  17. zvnteq7 wrote:
    > I got this error message:
    > http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >
    > is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)

    You gormless fucknuckle, you can use the classic interface without any
    problems in yahoos webmail login.

    Duh.

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 12, 2009
  18. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2009-04-11, zvnteq7 <> wrote:
    >> I got this error message:
    >> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >>
    >> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance :)

    > I can use the Yahoo webmail with Opera, even without 'spoofing'. But the
    > Yahoo interface seems to be very ... quirky. So I try not to go there if
    > I can avoid it.

    HooYah would always burp if I tried their "new" "improved" wbmail login
    page....*despite* spoofing with User Agent SWitcher in FF so I said
    fuckit and now login thru the "classic mode" page...Easy Peasy.

    > Try posting in the newsgroup opera.general - it's on the free public
    > news-server called news.opera.com if your usual news-server doesn't carry
    > it.

    Dont confuse the little git...heh...too late.

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 12, 2009
  19. zvnteq7

    chuckcar Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote in news:grrn6n$o0b$:

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> zvnteq7 <> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$:
    >>
    >>> I got this error message:
    >>> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/system_requirements?browser=blocked
    >>>
    >>> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?

    Another meaningless sentence: The server doesn't care whar you use for
    email, so long as you set it up correctly. Going to *their* help would be
    a pretty obvious idea you apparently missed.

    >> The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
    >> server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
    >> Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working
    >> properly at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are
    >> you trying to do, what operating system are you using and what servers
    >> are you using for pop and smtp with yahoo?
    >>

    > I'm trying to take over the world, OS: I'm using a VAX-MS, Sinclair1000
    > and a Vic20 all networked together to make a supercomputer

    Hardly going to happen if you can't write a message where the subject has
    anything to do with the body.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 12, 2009