    I am a newbie and I will be thankful how do I get this virtual machine
    configuration file.
    Thanks.
    Jag Chan, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Jag Chan

    Jag Chan Guest

    Jag Chan <> wrote in news:Xns989358103C948JAGCHAN@
    194.177.96.26:

    > With a view to learn Linux I have downloaded VMplayer version 1.0.3.
    > Now whenever I start VMplayer a window opens with a message "Browse for
    > virtual machine configuration file".
    > I am a newbie and I will be thankful how do I get this virtual machine
    > configuration file.
    > Thanks.

    I am using Windows XP pro with sp2.
    Jag Chan, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Jag Chan

    Guest

    Jag Chan <> wrote:

    >Jag Chan <> wrote in news:Xns989358103C948JAGCHAN@
    >194.177.96.26:
    >
    >> With a view to learn Linux I have downloaded VMplayer version 1.0.3.
    >> Now whenever I start VMplayer a window opens with a message "Browse for
    >> virtual machine configuration file".
    >> I am a newbie and I will be thankful how do I get this virtual machine
    >> configuration file.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >I am using Windows XP pro with sp2.

    Download one of these
    http://isv-image.ubuntu.com/vmware/

    Place it in a directory and direct Vmware to it.

    --
    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , Dec 8, 2006
  4. Jag Chan

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 04:09:23 +0100 (CET), Jag Chan wrote:

    >With a view to learn Linux I have downloaded VMplayer version 1.0.3.
    >Now whenever I start VMplayer a window opens with a message "Browse for
    >virtual machine configuration file".
    >I am a newbie and I will be thankful how do I get this virtual machine
    >configuration file.

    Follow the instructions, 3 steps at
    http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
    I tried them a few weeks ag and had it working in minutes, after
    downloading a VM image.

    Me
    why?, Dec 8, 2006
  5. Jag Chan

    Jag Chan Guest

    Jag Chan, Dec 9, 2006
  6. Jag Chan

    Jag Chan Guest

    wrote in

    > Jag Chan <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jag Chan <> wrote in news:Xns989358103C948JAGCHAN@
    >>194.177.96.26:
    >>
    >>> With a view to learn Linux I have downloaded VMplayer version 1.0.3.
    >>> Now whenever I start VMplayer a window opens with a message "Browse
    >>> for virtual machine configuration file".
    >>> I am a newbie and I will be thankful how do I get this virtual
    >>> machine configuration file.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >>I am using Windows XP pro with sp2.

    > Download one of these
    > http://isv-image.ubuntu.com/vmware/
    >
    > Place it in a directory and direct Vmware to it.

    Thanks & Regards'
    Will try that.
    Jag Chan, Dec 9, 2006