    My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've never seen
    a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?

    What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these ports?

    Slamadatan, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Slamadatan

    DaveG Guest

    "Slamadatan" <> wrote in message
    news:3f213fa9$0$23610$...
    > My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've

    never seen
    > a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?
    >
    > What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these

    ports?

    http://tinyurl.com/i1hm

    You could do things like send the DVD player surround sound to a
    surround sound amp or hook up a CD player via these optical ports.
    Interesting stuff like that.

    ATB-DG.

    DaveG, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Slamadatan

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    geek wrote:

    > It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if it
    > is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just did
    > is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the particulars
    > on the vehicle.

    Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
    sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then don't
    open your yap.

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Slamadatan

    Slamadatan Guest

    "geek" <rbush490@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    > "Slamadatan" <> wrote in message
    > > My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've never

    > seen
    > > a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?
    > >
    > > What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these ports?
    > >

    > It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if it
    > is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just

    did
    > is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the

    particulars
    > on the vehicle.

    Sorry, sounds like I'm asking in the wrong place.

    Suspect you know even less about the subject than I do...

    Slamadatan, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Slamadatan

    > My new mobo has two square plastic SPDIF audio outputs, but I've

    never seen
    > a corresponding input to connect speakers or inputs?
    >
    > What cables, speakers or peripherals do I need to utilize these

    ports?

    Cables-lightpipe,fibre optic,SPDIF cables.
    Speakers-see various surround sound setups.
    Peripherals-from a plethora of AV hardware,as mentioned SS Amp,(home
    cinema setup),SACD players,MP3 players,DVD players,digital tuners,a
    second PC(laptop) and soundcard with SPDIF connections(A/D converters)
    and so on..........

    ATB-DG.

    DaveG, Jul 26, 2003
  6. Slamadatan

    geek Guest

    "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message

    > geek wrote:
    >

    > > It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if

    it
    > > is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just

    did
    > > is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the

    particulars
    > > on the vehicle.
    > >

    > Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
    > sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then don't
    > open your yap.

    Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have answerd
    the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could come up with..

    First question:
    Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are the
    type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and handicapped (because
    in the provinces that is all white Canadians can do to pass time on those
    long winter nights is make fun of handicapped, crippled and disabled Native
    Americans and seem so much superior to their native cousins) and the under
    educated in acronyms. Me thinks the only one here that has a problem, is
    the one doing the name calling. What does SPDIF stand for anyway? Standard
    Pull Dick In Fingers, perhaps, because I think that is about your mentality.
    SPDIF: "Sony/Philips - Digital Interface Format (audio, Sony, Philips),
    "S/P-DIF"", see how simple that was?

    Second question:
    Why didn't you help the fellow? Instead of calling anyone stupid (actually
    it is three questions but I don't think you can count that high, most
    juveniles can't coming out of Shaw, Manitoba,Canada today, much less the US
    schools, but then I am from a different generation)?

    Did you notice that I didn't call you stupid (I know, that is another
    question for you)?

    Another thing, I have forgotten more then you will ever remember about
    computers.

    Am I native american? You bet cha, 1/4. I've been to the Province of
    Ontario and other Provinces and visited enough reservations to know how the
    Canadian whites treat their native cousins.

    ---

    geek, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Slamadatan

    trout Guest

    geek wrote:

    > "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> geek wrote:
    >>

    >>> It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have
    >>> or if it is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is.
    >>> What you just did is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run,
    >>> without give the particulars on the vehicle.
    >>>

    >> Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
    >> sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then
    >> don't open your yap.

    > Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have
    > answerd the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could
    > come up with..
    >
    > First question:
    > Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are
    > the type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and
    > handicapped (because in the provinces that is all white Canadians can
    > do

    So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
    --
    "**** you both."

    trout, Jul 26, 2003
  8. Slamadatan

    geek Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > geek wrote:
    >
    > > "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message

    SNIP

    > So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
    > --
    > "**** you both."

    Talk about racism? Look at what the Germans did to the Jews, simply because
    of a religion! Dare you to say something like that to the foreigners in
    your country (certain political sects in Germany, have been quite vocal
    about race, isn't that racism, in fact isn't it a Nazi group and I thought
    they were outlawed) today? So when you can come clean on the racist bit
    then, you can say something on the racism. As far as I am concerned about
    how you feel about racism, unless you have experienced it you have no idea
    and no say in it. Racism is everywhere, it doesn't mean that it isn't going
    to pop-up its ugly head from time to time, but on the other hand, when you
    know you have a problem with bigotry that is when a person can do something
    about it. I could never understand why Germans want to imitate cowboys and
    Indians, they actually have clubs over there that do just that! Not too
    many Germans want to be Indians. That would be about like Americans wanting
    to play Nazi and Jews (before you say anything about racism, you brought it
    up not me). Besides I can say anything in defense of the native American
    because I am of quarter quantum blood (French Canadian/Native American, both
    paternal and maternal). Understood? (I am going to do this phonetically,
    but I am sure you will understand; fer stain)

    P.S.
    I stand corrected, Calgary is in the province of Alberta. Shaw is the cable
    system the guy is working from.

    ---

    geek, Jul 26, 2003
  9. Slamadatan

    trout Guest

    geek wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> geek wrote:
    >>
    >>> "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message

    > SNIP
    >
    >> So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
    >> --
    >> "**** you both."
    >>

    > Talk about racism?

    <snip>

    "in the provinces that is all white Canadians can do to pass time on
    those
    long winter nights is... "
    Making generalities on the basis of race is racism. It doesn't
    matter what the **** *you* are.
    You were upset by someone's remarks and made a blanket (and uncalled
    for) insult.
    --
    "And now, you're just raving like a loon."

    trout, Jul 26, 2003
  10. Slamadatan

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:19:18 -0700, trout wrote:
    > geek wrote:
    >
    >> "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
    >>> sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then
    >>> don't open your yap.

    >> Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have
    >> answerd the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could
    >> come up with..
    >>
    >> First question:
    >> Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are
    >> the type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and
    >> handicapped (because in the provinces that is all white Canadians can
    >> do

    > So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.

    troll slurps troll. They'll make friends soon.

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 26, 2003
  11. Slamadatan

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:42:39 -0400, geek wrote:

    >"trout" <> wrote in message
    >> geek wrote:
    >>
    >> > "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message

    >SNIP
    >
    >> So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
    >> --
    >> "**** you both."
    >>

    >Talk about racism? Look at what the Germans did to the Jews, simply because
    >of a religion!

    What someone else did or did not do is not a justification for your own actions
    or words.

    >Dare you to say something like that to the foreigners in
    >your country (certain political sects in Germany, have been quite vocal
    >about race, isn't that racism, in fact isn't it a Nazi group and I thought
    >they were outlawed) today?

    Godwin. For the thread, and for you.

    <snipped rationalizations for more cultural abuse>

    --
    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.

    Mara, Jul 26, 2003
  12. "geek" <rbush490@no_spam.com> wrote:

    >"yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> geek wrote:
    >>

    >> > It might help to let people know what make of sound card you have or if

    >it
    >> > is integrated on the motherboard what its equivalent is. What you just

    >did
    >> > is the equivalent of say my vehicle won't run, without give the

    >particulars
    >> > on the vehicle.
    >> >

    >> Hey stupid, SPDIF is a standard. IE: It doesn't matter what kind of
    >> sound card it is. If you don't know what you're talking about then don't
    >> open your yap.

    >Evidently you didn't know either becuase if you did, you would have answerd
    >the fellows question, just name calling that is all you could come up with..
    >
    >First question:
    >Why don't you help the uninformed, instead of name calling? You are the
    >type, that would make fun of the disabled, crippled and handicapped (because
    >in the provinces that is all white Canadians can do to pass time on those
    >long winter nights is make fun of handicapped, crippled and disabled Native
    >Americans and seem so much superior to their native cousins) and the under
    >educated in acronyms. Me thinks the only one here that has a problem, is
    >the one doing the name calling. What does SPDIF stand for anyway? Standard
    >Pull Dick In Fingers, perhaps, because I think that is about your mentality.
    >SPDIF: "Sony/Philips - Digital Interface Format (audio, Sony, Philips),
    >"S/P-DIF"", see how simple that was?
    >
    >Second question:
    >Why didn't you help the fellow? Instead of calling anyone stupid (actually
    >it is three questions but I don't think you can count that high, most
    >juveniles can't coming out of Shaw, Manitoba,Canada today, much less the US
    >schools, but then I am from a different generation)?
    >
    >Did you notice that I didn't call you stupid (I know, that is another
    >question for you)?
    >
    >Another thing, I have forgotten more then you will ever remember about
    >computers.

    You certainly seem to have 'forgotten' a great deal.

    >Am I native american? You bet cha, 1/4. I've been to the Province of
    >Ontario and other Provinces and visited enough reservations to know how the
    >Canadian whites treat their native cousins.

    Are you a k00k? You bet tea. 2/3.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 26, 2003
  13. ATTN K00kologists, FYI - was Re: How to use SPDIF audio?

    "geek" <rbush490@no_spam.com> wrote:

    >"trout" <> wrote in message
    >> geek wrote:
    >>
    >> > "yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message

    >SNIP
    >
    >> So; he'a asshole troll, and you're a racist asshole.
    >> --
    >> "**** you both."
    >>

    >Talk about racism? Look at what the Germans did to the Jews, simply because
    >of a religion! Dare you to say something like that to the foreigners in
    >your country (certain political sects in Germany, have been quite vocal
    >about race, isn't that racism, in fact isn't it a Nazi group and I thought
    >they were outlawed) today? So when you can come clean on the racist bit
    >then, you can say something on the racism. As far as I am concerned about
    >how you feel about racism, unless you have experienced it you have no idea
    >and no say in it. Racism is everywhere, it doesn't mean that it isn't going
    >to pop-up its ugly head from time to time, but on the other hand, when you
    >know you have a problem with bigotry that is when a person can do something
    >about it. I could never understand why Germans want to imitate cowboys and
    >Indians, they actually have clubs over there that do just that! Not too
    >many Germans want to be Indians. That would be about like Americans wanting
    >to play Nazi and Jews (before you say anything about racism, you brought it
    >up not me). Besides I can say anything in defense of the native American
    >because I am of quarter quantum blood (French Canadian/Native American, both
    >paternal and maternal). Understood? (I am going to do this phonetically,
    >but I am sure you will understand; fer stain)
    >
    >P.S.
    >I stand corrected, Calgary is in the province of Alberta. Shaw is the cable
    >system the guy is working from.

    Professional help is being sought on your behalf. AUK added to
    froupline.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 26, 2003
  14. Slamadatan

    rodan1

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    It's amazing how a simple question can get so far off topic by one juvenile idiot posting! Where's the moderator. What kind of help is this anyway? Not everybody was born with the knowledge jackass! Last time I'm here!!:damnmate:

    rodan1, Jun 4, 2009
  15. Slamadatan

    AirborneRanger

    Joined: