How To Use S-Video Input on SIMA Color Corrector?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Remove SPAM From Address to Reply, Nov 15, 2004.

  1. About six minths ago I purchased a "Sima Color Corrector" from
    Amazon.com (not the SCC-2).

    I have been using it as follows with good results - coaxial video
    cable from DVD player to SCC, coaxial video cable from SCC to TV set.

    Recently I borrowed an s-video cable and tried the following
    connection - s-video cable from DVD player to SCC, coaxial video
    cable from SCC to TV set. In this case, the TV set receives no
    picture, regardless of the position of the "bypass switch". All
    I changed was the input source, to s-video instead of coaxial.

    Additionally, I took the DVD player to a friend's home, where we
    connected the s-video DVD output directly to his TV, which had
    an s-video input. This worked fine, so I know my DVD player's
    s-video output is working and that my s-video cable is OK.

    Is my SCC unit malfunctioning, or do I need to do something
    special to "select" the s-video input? Is anyone using this
    unit successfully in the configuration I describe?

    best regards,

    Martin

    Remove SPAM From Address to Reply, Nov 15, 2004

  2. "Remove SPAM From Address to Reply" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    <<About six months ago I purchased a "Sima Color Corrector" from
[...]

    My SCC Color Corrector Pro-Series has a built in decoder that does
    composite to S-video and S-video to composite conversions. It appears
    that your unit does not have this capability.

    One-Shot Scot, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Remove SPAM From Address to Reply

    Biz Guest

    On that unit you cannot input s-video and get composite out. You have to
    output the same cable type as you input. If your tv has no s-video, you
    gain nothing anyway if that was your thinking.

    Biz, Nov 16, 2004
  4. "Biz" <> wrote in message news:<2lfmd.24512$>...
    > On that unit you cannot input s-video and get composite out. You have to
    > output the same cable type as you input. If your tv has no s-video, you
    > gain nothing anyway if that was your thinking.

    My performing this test was an attempt to devise a way
    to send my laptop's S-video output to a regular VCR.

    thanks,

    Martin

    Remove SPAM From Address to Reply, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Remove SPAM From Address to Reply

    Biz Guest

    If you cant find a way to output composite from your laptop, you'll need to
    pick up an SVHS VCR. They are dirt cheap now, and of course have s-video
    inputs.

    Biz, Nov 17, 2004