    with this unusually hot weather?

    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 5/02/2005 9:51 a.m.:
    > Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and my
    > modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out to
    > test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...
    >
    > So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
    > recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
    > is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
    > I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
    > http://list.driverguide.com/list/company327/page4/index.html
    > DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard won't
    > recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this sort of
    > file extension?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for advice.
    >
    > And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing constantly
    > with this unusually hot weather?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jo

    Okay is this a USB or RS232 Serial Device, I assume when you say modem
    you mean as in dial up not ADSL.

    The PRX extension comes up as either Foxpro of Atari so it dosnt look right.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Mrs Beeble Brock

    froggy Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:51:21 +1300, Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    > Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and my
    > modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out to
    > test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...
    >
    > So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
    > recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
    > is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
    > I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
    > http://list.driverguide.com/list/company327/page4/index.html
    > DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard won't
    > recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this sort of
    > file extension?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for advice.
    >
    > And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing constantly
    > with this unusually hot weather?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jo

    Hey Jo.. where ya going with that gun of yours....
    ok lame jokes aside..
    dlink would be the best place to obtain your drivers
    http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/modems/du562m.htm

    specifically you will be wanting the win XP driver
    http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/modems/DU-562M.WinXP.zip

    also it might be of use to get the manual....
    http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/modems/DU-562M_Manual.zip
    and list of commands
    http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/modems/DU-562M.AT.Commands.zip

    HTH

    froggy, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ said the following on 5/02/2005 10:02 a.m.:
    > Mrs Beeble Brock said the following on 5/02/2005 9:51 a.m.:
    >
    >> Hi guys, I took my PC to the technicians for some work to be done and
    >> my modem disk was still in the drive, and of course they took it out
    >> to test the drive and it's Saturday and they're closed till Monday ...
    >>
    >> So I have a D-link external modem DU-562m and now my WinXP PC won't
    >> recognise it. This usually happens when I unplug it from the USB which
    >> is why I need the disk constantly. Without the disk it won't install.
    >> I've downloaded what seems to be the appropriate driver from here:
    >> http://list.driverguide.com/list/company327/page4/index.html
    >> DMM-560e but it's a prx extension. The "found new hardware" wizard
    >> won't recognise it - what should I use to install the modem with this
    >> sort of file extension?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for advice.
    >>
    >> And by the way, how many people are having their PC crashing
    >> constantly with this unusually hot weather?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Jo

    > Okay is this a USB or RS232 Serial Device, I assume when you say modem
    > you mean as in dial up not ADSL.
    >
    > The PRX extension comes up as either Foxpro of Atari so it dosnt look
    > right.

    The closest i could get was here
    http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/modems/dfm562e.htm
    There appears to be no model M in production Worldwide!

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 4, 2005

  5. >

    Thanks Froggy, that worked liked a charm.

    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Hi COllector, thanks for trying. That's the same file a passing
    technician found and couldn't get to work either. Luckily it's fine now
    thanks to Froggy's ability to see through the mess of the D-link site
    and find what I couldn't.

    Cheers,
    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Mrs Beeble Brock

    froggy Guest

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:06:09 +1300, Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    > Thanks Froggy, that worked liked a charm.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jo

    Glad I could help

    froggy, Feb 5, 2005