How to use Over the Air QoS in WLC 2106

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Alen Wong, Mar 28, 2008.

  1. Alen  Wong

    Alen Wong Guest

    Hi all,

    My company is using a WLC2106 with 4 APs directly connected to the
    port 4 - 8. With port one to management/data VLAN. Two SSIDs "Manager"
    and "Staff" using WPA + TKIP were created and both bridged to the
    management interface (assigned to port 1 untagged) of WLC. WLC port 1
    is connected to C2950 FE port. Our network do not have any QoS.

    I've changed the Maximum RF usage per AP to 10% in bronze and 10 for
    the queue length while keeping 100% and 50 for Max RF and queue length
    unchanged for silver profile in hope that Staff SSID will not use more
    than 10% of the RF channel (i.e. ~5Mbps) per AP

    I tested the settings with four notebooks with staff:manager
    proportion 1:3 and 3:1 with only one AP on. However, none of which
    gives the expected result -- Staff share at most 10% (~5Mbps) of RF
    channel while manager share the remaining

    It would be grateful if you could tell me if this can be achieved by
    solely Over the Air QoS of the WLC under our network? If not, how can
    be achieve this by modifying / adding additional gears.

    Thanks.
    Alen Wong, Mar 28, 2008