How to use Newsgroups with Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Roland Deodorant, Sep 10, 2007.

  1. How do you do use newsgroups with Thunderbird?

    What do you think is the best free newsgroup reader?

    Roland Deodorant, Sep 10, 2007

  2. Roland Deodorant wrote:
    > How do you do use newsgroups with Thunderbird?
    >
    > What do you think is the best free newsgroup reader?

    T'bird is very, very basic and nothing else. If you're
    looking for something with lots of bells and whistles, then
    TB isn't it.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 10, 2007

  3. Roland Deodorant

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 18:22:21 -0500, in message <Xns99A6A68BCF904RD@216.196.97.131>,
    Roland Deodorant wrote:

    > How do you do use newsgroups with Thunderbird?

    1. Configure a news server in Thunderbird.

    Tools -> Account Settings -> Add Account -> (•) Newsgroup account

    2. Retrieve the list of newsgroups from the server.

    3. Subscribe to one or more newsgroups.

    > What do you think is the best free newsgroup reader?

    That depends on what you want out of a newsreader.
    It is horses for courses.

    What I want out of a newsreader is very likely to be
    different than what you want, so what I think is the
    best free newsgroup reader is likely to be different
    to what you think is the best free newsgroup reader.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Sep 10, 2007
  4. Roland Deodorant wrote:
    > How do you do use newsgroups with Thunderbird?
    >
    > What do you think is the best free newsgroup reader?

    Xnews is free and in wide use. There are even tutorials by people on how to use
    it. Small footprint and no fancy stuff in the registry and TEMP and all that.

    http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    Gualtier Malde, Sep 11, 2007
  5. On 10.09.2007 05:40 Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Roland Deodorant wrote:
    >> How do you do use newsgroups with Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> What do you think is the best free newsgroup reader?

    > T'bird is very, very basic and nothing else.

    With some extensions, it's usable... :)

    > Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1
    > NewsWorthy for Thunderbird 1.5 0.2.0.4
    > Quote Colors 0.2.8
    > Right Click Watch Ignore 0.2.1
    > Signature Switch 1.5.3 [disabled]

    Extensions for Newsreading in Thunderbird:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/browse/type:1/cat:57

    regards from

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    http://vegard2.no -
    Solitaire MahJongg guide, Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire,
    Freeware Logo & symbol, Halma & Chinese Checkers,
    Pachisi & Ludo, Freeware Solitaire, My fishy site (fishing
    games), a.c.f.g information, Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb
    18+ sites: Firefoxy, Adult Solitaire, Fishy Pictures,
    Sexy Chess, Sexy Librarians, Sexy Football

    Vegard Krog Petersen, Sep 11, 2007