    kindly need advise.
    Thanks
    BNS

    bond007, Nov 20, 2003

  2. (bond007) writes:
    >I have cisco 2507 router with ports and 2nos serial ports.
    >I want to connect it to my back bone through Ethernet port. I ahve all
    >16 ports which will work as hub only. there isno AUI port . how to
    >connect to my backbone through ethernet port.
    >kindly need advise.

    Run an ethernet cross-over cable from a hub port on the router over to
    your switch/hub for your network. The 10-base-T hub on this router
    shows up as one ethernet port.
    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 20, 2003

  3. bond007

    bond007 Guest

    Doug McIntyre <> wrote in message news:<3fbcf265$0$41287$>...
    > (bond007) writes:
    > >I have cisco 2507 router with ports and 2nos serial ports.
    > >I want to connect it to my back bone through Ethernet port. I ahve all
    > >16 ports which will work as hub only. there isno AUI port . how to
    > >connect to my backbone through ethernet port.
    > >kindly need advise.

    > Run an ethernet cross-over cable from a hub port on the router over to
    > your switch/hub for your network. The 10-base-T hub on this router
    > shows up as one ethernet port.

    Thanks for your soon reply, but i am not able to assign an ethernet
    address for that port, how to assign the ip address for that
    perticular port.
    thanks
    BNS

    bond007, Nov 21, 2003