    torrents is one option, but it is very shaky and seldom utilizes all the
    bandwidth available or come close for that matter.

    Thanks in advance!
    Brian, May 16, 2007

  2. Brian

    Vanguard Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:464adee3$0$5817$...
    > Is there an easy way to use as much bandwidth as possible on my
    > internet connection? I want to download and upload as much as I can
    > for a short period of time (a minute or two to longer up towards 15-20
    > minutes). Are there any websites anyone knows about where I can go and
    > just upload and download gibberish to max my bandwidth usage while
    > there?
    >
    > I've googled but have only found websites for standard bandwidth tests
    > and information on reducing my bandwidth usage. Downloading and
    > uploading torrents is one option, but it is very shaky and seldom
    > utilizes all the bandwidth available or come close for that matter.

    You get what your ISP gives you amongst sharing with other customers on
    your segment. You only get what the server will give you as many will
    throttle each connection to ensure other connections remain responsive.
    If you want more bandwidth then you have to pay more to your ISP but
    that won't help with throttling regulated at the servers.
    Vanguard, May 16, 2007

  3. Brian

    Guest

    Send yourself a file http://megaupload.com/