    I have a windows 64 key for a system that we were using the trial
    softwareon. what do I need to do to upgrade the system to a full version.

    TIA

    Josh, Jan 2, 2007

  2. Josh

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Buy a full version. (It is available in OEM form only unless you or your
    organization has a licensing deal with Microsoft, and is available from some
    online retailers like http://www.newegg.com/).

    Once you receive your media, stick it in the drive and do an upgrade. If
    your trial has expired, you will need to boot from the CD and do a repair
    install.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 2, 2007

  3. When you buy the OEM version, it comes with it's own key - you can do a
    recommended 'clean' install, or a 'repair' install that preserves your
    personal (backed-up!) files.

    For the latter, you should boot from the CD and accept the license agreement
    (F8) and then see the option to repair an earlier installation - this will
    erase all the previous updates, so set off a few days to have it all back to
    normal.

    SATA and/or RAID drivers, you will have to feed to the new installation as
    well (F6). You'll start from scratch, but you get to keep your work.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 2, 2007
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 2, 2007